Breastfeeding
Options

Freezing BM

Can you take BM from a regular freezer and put it in a deep freeze after a month? will it still be good for 6 months?

I have use my parents freezer because we don't have room for one so i will also need to put it back in the regular freezer when i bring it back to my house. 

Re: Freezing BM

• Options

You can put it in the deep freezer as long as you make sure it doesn't thaw at all on the way to your house.

You will know when your milk has gone bad when you thaw it (even before sometimes).  Milk in a deep freezer will typically be good for 6-12 months, but it depends on whose milk it is.

For example, I have a lipase issue and my milk goes bad quickly.  I just thawed out some milk from Feb and it was sour (could smell it before I even thawed it- although I still tasted it to be sure -MISTAKE!).  I ended up throwing out 1000oz of soured milk and now have to scald my milk before I freeze it.  Your milk, on the other hand, may stay good in the freezer for 12 months or longer.  

When you thaw the milk just take a quick taste of it.  If it doesn't taste like throw up you are good. haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"