Washington Babies
Options

Forgot to say... [long]

Katherine Dawn is here! 

She was 7lbs 4 oz, 19 1/4" long.  She was born at 2:06 pm on Thursday, May 27th.  We're all home and getting into the swing of things.  She is pretty mellow baby so far, with her only cranky bouts in the middle of the night when we try to put her in the cosleeper.  [Knock on wood..my milk just came in and she had her first spit up, followed by some tears].

The C-Section went excellent; DH and the Doula were wonderful, the doctors were great, and we actually laughed a ton through the surgery.  I tried to make it clear that if everyone had fun I wouldn't get nervous, and that made the surgical team cut loose a little.  At least that's what it felt like - maybe they're always in such a good mood!

I got out of Evergreen in 48 hours because I was quick to get up, walk and shower on my own.  They said I was fine and there was no reason to stay longer...so DH won and we came home.  I was loving the nursing staff and lactation consultants!

We have some minor issues to deal with as far as Katie's hips [side effect of being breech for so long], and the fact that she split my nipples the first day [omg omg omg it hurts to nurse but I'm not quitting!].  Overall, clean bill of health for us both and I am absolutely in love with this little being. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Forgot to say... [long]

• Options
    Congrats mama!! So glad to hear you had a great experience. 
  • Options
    Yay! I"m glad everything went well and you guys are at home getting cozy. Can't wait to see pics! Congrats mama.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay Julie!! Congratulations mamasita! Released in 48hrs?? You're a superstar! Can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Glad to hear you are recovering well! Can't wait to see pics!
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

All the babies!!!!

Congratulations to your new family, J!!!!

• Options
    Congratulations! Use the lanolin cream on your cracked nips. Also, you can get these soothie gel packs that help a lot too. My daughter was a rough nurser. I thought she had a good latch but looking back I don't think she ever did. Once I started nursing Dash I was like "oh. This IS better". Hang in there and give us pics! I love her name!
  • Options
    Congrats J!  I was wondering how everything went for you.  Looking forward to hearing more about your little lady and seeing some pics too!

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    Congrats again Julie!!!  Sounds like everything went even better than planned! (except for that whole split nipple thing..OUCH!)  Little Katherine is ADORABLE!!! 
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Sounds like everything went really great! Enjoy your little girl!
  • Options
    Congrats again mama! She is beautiful! I'm so glad things went well even though it's not the birth you expected. The team was rocking out during my csection so I think hey like to have fun to relax their patients. You can still call the LC's if you need some advice, they are great! The nipple sounds painful! Ouch! Enjoy your sweet bundle of joy!
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

Congratulations on both your beautiful little girl & not quitting after the nipple pain :) 

Enjoy every moment xxx 

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    Congratulations! She is beautiful and I am so glad all went well. Welcome to motherhood!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options

Congratulations!! The nursing will get better, I promise!

Welcome to the World Katie!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats! Hang in there with the breastfeeding... it's gets WAY easier and less painful! Your DD is my birthday buddy now! It's a good day to be born! :)
  • Options
    Yahoo!!  Sounds like things are going really well.  So glad the birth went well even though it wasn't what you had hoped for.  Glad you are all home, healthy and getting to know eachother. 
  • Options
    Congrats she is beautiful and I am glad it went so smoothly!  I hope BFing gets easier for you! I am sure it will with time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I'm glad it all went well.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I am so happy everything went so smoothly.  Enjoy your little girl!
  • Options

Congratulations! Can't wait to see photos! Sounds like you're going to have a speedy recovery too. Good for you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ow about the nipple but congrats and enjoy your little girl. I love her name! Classic.
  • Options

imagezapswife:
    Congratulations! Use the lanolin cream on your cracked nips. Also, you can get these soothie gel packs that help a lot too. My daughter was a rough nurser. I thought she had a good latch but looking back I don't think she ever did. Once I started nursing Dash I was like "oh. This IS better". Hang in there and give us pics! I love her name!

Congrats!  And don't hesitate to see someone about nursing.  It took me a few trips to the LC to get the hang of it.  And I wish I had gone sooner.  And I also had a bifurcated nipple.  Anyways, good luck with nursing!

In addition to lanolin you can also use (unmedicated) hydrogel burn dressings.

• Options
    Congrats to you and your DH! So glad everything went well!!! Welcome to the world, little girl!
  • Options
    Congratulations on being a new mother!  I really liked the nursing staff and lactation consulatants at Swedish.  It just made being a mother and learning breastpumping so much easier (and I am going to follow up by doing a breastfeeding class, since we had to cancel our childbirth class that was scheduled at the beginning of July). 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Welcome, Katie!  Glad to hear that you had a good experience!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats! Welcome Katie! I can't wait to see pictures and hear a birth story if you are sharing one.

• Options
    HUGE congratulations, Julie!!!  So happy for you!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm glad that even though it didn't go how you wanted, it went really smoothly and everyone is happy and healthy!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy you had a great experience. Great name choice. :) I have always loved being a Katie.
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Wow, baby boom on the Bump, congrats and happy birthday Katie!  It sounds like your c-section was exactly what you expected, enjoy snugglin on that little one!
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    How awsome!  Hope you are all doing soooo good!
  • Options
    Congrats mama!!  I saw the pics on facebook and she is gorgeous!  I am glad that everything went well and you are home and settling in.
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options
    Julie, congratulations!  I'm so glad they kept it comfortable for you. I can't wait for pics!
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    Congrats, Mama! I can't wait to see pics and I love her name. But I am kinda biased!Stick out tongue
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    Congrats! So glad to hear everything went well.
  • Options
    OMG!  She shares my birthday!  Being born on May 27th is awesome!  Congrats!  Glad to know everything went well.
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
  • Options
    Congratulations Julie! I hope that she continues to be a mellow little gal! :)
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"