Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Dating Your Pregnancy

I have been wondering if you use your baby's gestational age or date since LMP to talk about your loss, in siggys, etc?  Just curious.  Smile

It seems pretty trivial, but each time I say that I had a m/c at 8 weeks it feels like I am backtracking and minimalizing how far along we were.  Until my m/c started, I was saying I was 10.5 weeks pregnant, even though the baby would have been only 8 weeks.

Thanks!

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dating Your Pregnancy

• Options

I used my LMP/ovulation date...only because I know exactly when they were because I was tracking it.  I was 9w3d, but the baby only measured 6w, but there's no way that's how far along I was because that would put me getting my BFP 2 days after conception, which is just not possible.  I think there was a chromosomal thing wrong with the baby, or it wasn't getting nutrients, so that's why it was growing very slow and then died.

I guess I was probably only 9w or so when the baby died...it was somewhere in between my 2 u/s appt which were about a week apart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh, I forgot to say that I just refer to m/c as 9w3d which was how far a long I should have been on the day I started to m/c.  I don't refer to it as 6w because I know I was farther along than that...

Maybe if I know that the baby actually died around a certain day, I would refer to that date...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshanna82:

I used my LMP/ovulation date...only because I know exactly when they were because I was tracking it.  I was 9w3d, but the baby only measured 6w, but there's no way that's how far along I was because that would put me getting my BFP 2 days after conception, which is just not possible.  I think there was a chromosomal thing wrong with the baby, or it wasn't getting nutrients, so that's why it was growing very slow and then died.

I guess I was probably only 9w or so when the baby died...it was somewhere in between my 2 u/s appt which were about a week apart.

This was similar to me too...it ended up being a blighted ovum, but the u/s tech was saying an early pregnancy, less than 6 weeks, even though I was at 10 weeks since LMP, and I knew I O'd at day 19.  I am SO glad I was charting and could "prove" I knew more about my body and pregnancy than this woman, and I didn't get strung along for 2 weeks as she suggested they would do to look for growth "later" in my pregnancy. 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemaddiemoon43:
    imageshanna82:

This was similar to me too...it ended up being a blighted ovum, but the u/s tech was saying an early pregnancy, less than 6 weeks, even though I was at 10 weeks since LMP, and I knew I O'd at day 19.  I am SO glad I was charting and could "prove" I knew more about my body and pregnancy than this woman, and I didn't get strung along for 2 weeks as she suggested they would do to look for growth "later" in my pregnancy. 

Exactly!  With the 1st u/s, the tech said everything looked great, strong heartbeat and measuring at 5w6d.  I told her I should be 8w1d, and she said I could've just ovulated late--which I told her I was tracking, so no.  So then she said maybe I ovulated twice...She said not to worry and that my baby looked great.

My DH was relieved...but I knew there was something wrong.  When I met with the dr, she agreed with me and was concerned.

I thought the techs weren't supposed to really tell you anything!  I'm glad I knew what the hell was going on with my body, or she would've given me total false hope!

• Options
    imageshanna82:
    imagemaddiemoon43:
    imageshanna82:

Exactly!  With the 1st u/s, the tech said everything looked great, strong heartbeat and measuring at 5w6d.  I told her I should be 8w1d, and she said I could've just ovulated late--which I told her I was tracking, so no.  So then she said maybe I ovulated twice...She said not to worry and that my baby looked great.

My DH was relieved...but I knew there was something wrong.  When I met with the dr, she agreed with me and was concerned.

I thought the techs weren't supposed to really tell you anything!  I'm glad I knew what the hell was going on with my body, or she would've given me total false hope!

This and this!

• Options

I was on fertility meds so I know when I ovulated with the trigger shot. I was exactly 23weeks 1 & 2 days.

• Options
    I use my LMP.  
  • Options

I knew when I ovulated with each of my pregnancies, so I knew exactly how far along I was.  With my two missed m/c, I measured 4 weeks behind, but I used how far along I was *supposed* to be. 

With my first missed m/c, I was supposed to be 10w1d, but the baby only measured 6w1d.  When I got pregnant again, the OB refused to put that I was 10w1d, and listed my m/c at 6 weeks.  It made me really angry because I felt like she was trivializing my m/c.  Yes the baby only measured 6 weeks, but I was 10 weeks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was 28 1/2 wks along when Aidan was born, but he was only measuring 26 1/2 weeks due to IUGR. All of his paperwork went off of his GA not his measurements.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I use LMP. The baby was measuring 3 days ahead when we saw the bad u/s, but had been dead f6r at least 2 days, according to my doppler. I use the day we discovered it as the day as my m/c.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    I don't have the info in my siggy, but I go by ga- 11weeks4days.  In the ER, they told me baby was measuring about 6 weeks, although that doesn't make sense since we saw the baby on u/s at 8 weeks (measuring 7 weeks 1 day).  I had a missed m/c and am not exactly sure when the baby passed.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In my siggy I used how far along I should have been.  I was 11 weeks pregnant.  They estimated the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, but I was still pregnant in my own mind and they couldn't say exactly when the baby died.  As long as there was a baby in there, I count myself as pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagespincat9:
    In my siggy I used how far along I should have been.  I was 11 weeks pregnant.  They estimated the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, but I was still pregnant in my own mind and they couldn't say exactly when the baby died.  As long as there was a baby in there, I count myself as pregnant.

This - The baby may have stopped growing at 7w 3 days but to me I was 9w and 2 days pregnant, so that's what I go with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use gestational age when the pregnancy was ended. Baby measured on track all along.
    Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"