North Dakota Babies

Getting on my nerves

Not be able to eat what I want to eat is really getting on my nerves because of GD. Being pregnant is suppose to be a time where you can go endulge here and there. At least I am proud of myself for turning down brownies tonight at a cookout. I have to keep reminding myself I don't have too much longer! Crying
Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Getting on my nerves

• You're so CLOSE!  A friend of mine started making her own goodies and finding ice cream and things like that that were approved for diabetes patients.  Made her much happier.  They have some pretty good sugar free ice cream out (the one she had had carmel in it) there so that's always an option.  Sending lots of hugs and hope you can find something to indulge in that feels guilty but isn't.
  • Aww, my SIL was just diagnosed recently with GD and she looked so sad today with all the treats around. My stepmother in law did get her some sugar free stuff, but it's not the same. Then at my MILs house she was serving her famous manyoise(sp?) cake (it sounds disgusting but it's sooo delicious) and left the pan sitting right in front of SIL and went in to the other room. I felt so bad for her! She's a little over 30 weeks.
    ~Sarah & Jason~June 12th, 2009~Siesta Key, FL~
    Planning Bio Married Bio *Work In Progress*
    Formerly Knottie Soon2beMrs.G_09
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Since my little passing out episode, and almost doing it again walking in to a restaurant Saturday night for dinner, I've been keeping tabs on my blood sugar. It doesn't matter what I eat; the highest my sugar has been in the last 2 days is 116, and I have eaten a lot of starch and a lot of fruit. It's equally as frustrating on the opposite side of this issue, so I hope that makes you feel a little better.

My FIL is a diabetic (so are his mom and brother). We make lots of sugar free desserts, and a lot of times you would have no idea that they are sugar free. FIL gets tired of chocolate desserts, so I've experimented and made him more fruit desserts because I too like the fruit. Sugar free key lime pie is awesome for summer time, and I've even been able to make him sugar free peanut butter fudge - something he hadn't been able to eat for years until I made my little concoction.

Good luck to you, and lots of hugs! You are almost there!

• Sugar free Jello + Sugarfree cool-whip mixed together and the left to set in the fridge is a yummy treat. You can also put it in graham cracker pie crust but not sure how that affects the sugary-ness. I'd happily eat just the jello/coolwhip combo. mmmmm
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • I feel for you.  One of my co-workers had GD, I know how much work it was for her to control her diet & monitor her blood sugar. It's no fun passing up treats.  You are so close--keep your eye on the prize!!!!  
  • I know how you feel!  My DH threw tons of BBQs while I was pregnant and I am a baker.  I baked and baked but couldn't eat any of it!

When I started to feel down about it or crave something, I would think about how I would be putting my pancreas into over-drive to produce insulin and that would make the baby get too much glucose and possibly harm him.

I know that sounds weird, but thinking literal about it was the only way I could get through it being the crazy sweet eater that I am!

I brought a bag of goodies to the hospital and ate them my whole stay.  It was heaven.

• It will all be worth it in just a few short weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"