Single Parents

Divorce has been final for about 2 weeks yay!

I haven't posted in a while but I am posting because I am just really starting to get excited about the fact that my divorce has been final for about 2 weeks now. Smile.  Good luck to all you ladies who are still waiting for that official closure!

Re: Divorce has been final for about 2 weeks yay!

• Woohoo!

Do you mind sharing your timeframe? I am in the beginning stages of the divorce process and I don't see light at the end of the tunnel yet.  

• imageErinC27:

Woohoo!

Do you mind sharing your timeframe? I am in the beginning stages of the divorce process and I don't see light at the end of the tunnel yet.  

Ditto!

• Loading the player...
  • Well in the state of Kentucky it takes at least 3 months for a simple uncontested divorce.  By law you have to file, wait 60 days, attend a parenting "families in transition" class in that time frame, sign the final paperwork and then wait for the stamp and official "dissolution" of the marriage.  In case your wondering uncontested is where you both agree on the terms, you present them to a lawyer, he puts them in legal mumbo jumbo, you both sign, wait out your time, attend your classes, pay your fees and it's done.  This is the easiest type of divorce.  You never have to go to court.  But I will tell you it's really tough to go through the same as any other divorce, my ex husband embarassed me very much by acting like an idiot in front of the lawyer.  He was angry and mentally abusive but didn't want a divorce "I'm the only one for him" crap.  Anyway it is very very rough.  However there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you will get there!.  GL!  If you have any more questions you can post here or PM me and I will check up on it.  I will help in anyway I can even if you just need to vent.  Oh and my basic point is that you can expect a divorce in any state to take at least 3 months, some states take much much longer, but it goes by faster than you think and you will heal!
  • That sounds just like what I am trying to do... but we'll see how it goes.

I actually have the divorce papers in my car as we speak. My mom LUCKILY works for lawyers and are willing to do my paperwork for free, I just pay the filing fee. Now, getting STBXH to finally just sign the papers seems to be the hard part. He thinks I'm trying to "do something bad" to him by keeping this out of court, but we have NOTHING as far as assets, besides Max and that doesn't have anything to do with the divorce papers themselves.

I'm so happy that you got what you wanted and it's over! That's SO great that you get to start this new chapter of your life!

• That's fanstastic! I am in the final stretch and can't wait! BTW-your DDis adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFutureHardings:

That sounds just like what I am trying to do... but we'll see how it goes.

I actually have the divorce papers in my car as we speak. My mom LUCKILY works for lawyers and are willing to do my paperwork for free, I just pay the filing fee. Now, getting STBXH to finally just sign the papers seems to be the hard part. He thinks I'm trying to "do something bad" to him by keeping this out of court, but we have NOTHING as far as assets, besides Max and that doesn't have anything to do with the divorce papers themselves.

I'm so happy that you got what you wanted and it's over! That's SO great that you get to start this new chapter of your life!

I don't know about everyone else, but Hs visitation schedule with dd is outlined in our divorce papers. Have you talked to the lawyers to make sure the papers are correct?

• We have a separate Child Custody Agreement that needs to be signed and sent through court for approval. That outlines the schedule that we have set up... but again, I'm waiting for STBXH to get those signed as well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageFutureHardings:
    We have a separate Child Custody Agreement that needs to be signed and sent through court for approval. That outlines the schedule that we have set up... but again, I'm waiting for STBXH to get those signed as well.

Yeah, I'm in PA too and was surprised to learn that child support/custody issues are totally separate from the divorce agreement.  We have all the support/custody settled but still not the divorce.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

in your bio you say you are with someone new??? Dude #3??? since your divorce?

zomg, get your self esteem out of the crapper!  You need a man like a fish needs a bicycle.   Didn't you have serious depression/anxiety/seizure issues?

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

What are you like my stalker? Geez.  I am actually with a good man in a REAL relationship now.  I made mistakes in the past, sue me. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

zomg, get your self esteem out of the crapper!  You need a man like a fish needs a bicycle.   Didn't you have serious depression/anxiety/seizure issues?

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

What are you like my stalker? Geez.  I am actually with a good man in a REAL relationship now.  I made mistakes in the past, sue me. 

No, I'm not  your stalker, but I read this board and have read what YOU'VE put out here.  How can you possibly be in a "REAL relationship" now?  

You are doing a disservice to that beautiful child by not taking time to work on yourself, not to mention allowing these men into your home/life without a proper vetting.

No need to slut  it up to prove a point.   Get a hold of your sad, sorry, self.  There is NOTHING more pathetic than a freshly divorced woman who gloms on to anything with a ***.

Seriously if anybody needs to get a life it's you.  You don't know me, you've never walked a mile in my shoes and therefore you can't judge me. My child is well taken care of and my life is well established. 
  • imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

No, I'm not  your stalker, but I read this board and have read what YOU'VE put out here.  How can you possibly be in a "REAL relationship" now?  

You are doing a disservice to that beautiful child by not taking time to work on yourself, not to mention allowing these men into your home/life without a proper vetting.

No need to slut  it up to prove a point.   Get a hold of your sad, sorry, self.  There is NOTHING more pathetic than a freshly divorced woman who gloms on to anything with a ***.

Seriously if anybody needs to get a life it's you.  You don't know me, you've never walked a mile in my shoes and therefore you can't judge me. My child is well taken care of and my life is well established. 
  • imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

• imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

• imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:
    imageKentuckychick_8201:
    imageInternetExplorer:

WAIT WAIT WAIT

seriously, chickie, wtf? 

Oh and for the record the man I am dating now is the first man that has ever been around my child since my divorce.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"