Pre-School and Daycare

If you child plays T-ball, come in

I have been chosen to be a t-ball coach. I played softball YEARS ago...but this is so out of my league!(Not sure why I signed up!)...

What does your child do at their T-ball game? I understand that I have to introduce the fundamentals, but I am not sure where to start? I have 9 three y/o on my team...and I just am so confused as to what to do at our first practice/game (all the in the same night)....I don't want to let people down but I have never seems someone coach t-ball...

Any ideas!  What have you seen them do?

Re: If you child plays T-ball, come in

• This is DD's first year, and her coach is awesome.

Practice- We mainly focus on the basics, the first practice was how to throw the ball (step and throw), what order to run the bases in and how to bat. It is all very very basic skills. They were introduced to feilding the second practice, and that is really it. They are taught to feild the ball and throw it to first base, or the closest one to them, but 99% of the balls are hit to the pitcher and they always say throw to first.

Games- Are two complete innings, there are no outs each kid gets a turn to bat and the last kid runs all the bases on his/her hit. Our coach has each kid play a different position for an inning so by the end of the season they will have played all positions, some coaches rotate throughout the inning, but this gets confusing.

I love our coach because he focuses on the basics, having fun, a good attitude and playing fair!

Good luck it is too funny to watch and the kids love it.

• They spend about 1/2 the time practicing skills and 1/2 the time split up in 2 teams. One team takes the outfield and the other takes turns hitting & running bases.  Then they switch. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"