January 2011 Moms
Options

Food

I'm a very picky eater, and with the food limitations during pregnancy, it really limits what I like to eat.  I think DH is ready to scream.  I LOVE buffalo chicken, but I have to have bleu cheese; our go-to thing was a sub, but we can't have cold cuts (who wants a steaming hot italian sub? not me!); a lot of seafood is out; I read that mayo is bad for us.... and there's only so much chicken I can eat. 

what are you guys having for dinner?  

Re: Food

• Options

I've been cooking regular meals for dh and then making something else for myself - what a pain, I know!  Yesterday, he had beef tacos and I just had crackers and cheese (couldn't stand anything else).

What about pasta?

• Options

Mayo is bad?  I've never heard that one and fish is fine as long as it's not high in mercury.  You can have it 2-3 times a week according to my Dr...they said fishes like talapia, flounder and other small fish are fine.

As for cold cuts I've been having my deli cut their roasted turkey as lunchmeat which has worked.  It just a roasted turkey cut thin.

I'm also a picky eater and pizza and cereal seem to be my foods of choice.  I've had a crazy food avoidance to chicken and salad which were my favs before so I'm kind of limited.  Lots of pasta :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had a roast beef sandwich and potato salad, I pretty much just eat whatever I want
  • Options
    We haven't decided yet, but meatball subs are yummy. I've had pasta, chicken. Just the regular things, but mostly at a much smaller amount than I've had in the past. DH likes it because he gets more.
  • Options

You can totally have fish as long as it's in moderation and not high in mercury. Shrimp is also good. This website has a pretty good listing: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html. *Edited to include website*

My OBGYN said he had no problem with me eating lunch meat as long as that's in moderation as well because of the preservatives. I think even if you heated it up and then let it cool down to a temperature you like that should be fine as well.

For the most part, my nausea hasn't been too bad (knocking on wood) so I can pretty much eat anything but garlic and pickles. They truly make my stomach turn.

• Options

I pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating, but I try to put more healthy items in, of course, chicken fingers sneak in there every so often.

There's nothing wrong with mayo unless it's been sitting out, which is the case with all perishable items. You can eat pretty much any fish/shellfish in moderation, with the exception of a handful. This is an excellent resource:https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

*ETA didn't realize PP linked to website, but it is a good one to go by :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was just told not to have store bought mayo salads.  As for the lunch meat issue, I read you can nuke it and then let it get back to cold.  I also read somewhere that most blue cheese dressings are pasteurized, so they are okay.  I haven't really checked that one yet.
  • Options
    You can have bleu cheese as long as it's pasteurized, right? Or is there something bad about the mold in it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I eat egg noodles a lot. I put  a little lemon juice, butter and lemon pepper. I steam some broccoli and throw it in. It's easy on the stomach. Meat totally grosses me out right now. Some steamed edamame is a craving of mine too.  I sprinkle light salt on mine instead of sea salt. Grilled cheese is pretty simple too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been having the most luck with fruit - plums, bananas, strawberries, kiwis and grapes. I have been successful with peanut butter on toast and bagels with creme cheese....other things are sometimes okay...sometimes not.....
  • Options
    I am loving the terrible-for-you kiddie cereals. I am eating Captn Crunch with crunchberries (of course) right now. Yum.
  • Options

imagedxiechicken41:
    I am loving the terrible-for-you kiddie cereals. I am eating Captn Crunch with crunchberries (of course) right now. Yum.

Had some this morning.  Yummo!

• Options

imageitsmegin:
    You can have bleu cheese as long as it's pasteurized, right? Or is there something bad about the mold in it?

Yeah, blue cheese is fine unless you're popping a bottle or more of antacids every day, compromising your ability to kill even the most benign of microbes.  When I say 'a bottle', I mean that literally... 20-30-ish.

I'm eating just about everything I did before except liquor and caffiene... white bread makes me gag, so I'm not eating that, but yeah.  For lunch I'm having leftover pizza.  Dinner is fajitas and chili-lime corn on the grill and fakey grilled 'churros' for dessert.  Tomorrow will be minestrone soup with ravioli and whole wheat sun dried tomato and provolone paninis, with balsamic strawberries for dessert.

If you're truly flummoxed, try making a meal plan.  I've been doing it for years because it helps me to save money, but it also makes it easier to add variety.  I find a recipe for 'try it' night every week though, tbh we're almost out of things to try, heh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"