Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Dreading going back to work...

The last night I worked (Wednesday) is when I miscarried...spotting at the beginning of my shift...heavy bleeding as my shift was ending.  And I'm a nurse in the NICU...surrounded by babies.  I'm starting to feel a little anxious about the whole thing, but I know I eventually have to go back to work.

Also...did anyone experience horrible headaches after they m/c'd?  Not sure if it's related to the change in hormones...or just the stress of everything.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
IUI x4 = BFN
IVF = sometime in 2012

Re: Dreading going back to work...

• Options

I didn't know you are a NICU nurse. 

I had horrible headaches for about 3 weeks. My dr said it was probably a mixture of hormones, stress and grief

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    My last day of work was Wed as well and I go back on Tuesday.  I am dreading it.  I am lucky to work in a HS, so I only have 19 days left.  But it is high stress time and I don't know if I can do everything I need to.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So hard that must be to face work when babies will be all around - I can't imagine - I'll be thinking of you. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh that is tough! ((hugs))

I definitely had horrible headaches after the m/c that slowly but surely got less intense and less frequent for a few weeks before going away. 

I hope your coworkers are supportive and it goes as smoothly as possible.

Married my best friend 3/14/09
    2 kiddos (DS is almost 4, DD is 19 months) and a puggle named Regan.
    3 losses (1/6/2010 at 9.5 weeks, 3/21/2012 at 12.5 weeks, 7/31/2012 at 5 weeks)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Certainly have the headaches, although I have been blaming them on the end of the school year, but maybe they are related to the m/c. ?I also had very sore muscles in my legs and lower back for a couple days following my natural m/c. ?I am thinking that I was tensing up because of the cramping and pain. ?Most of it happened during the middle of the night and I managed to sleep through it, so I wonder if that was my body's way of dealing with the pain.
  • Options
    I didn't know you worked in the NICU either. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow ((hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to go back to work so soon!!! I was told not to go back until my 6 week check up and although it's killing us in the money department, I'm glad that I'm at home. I need this time right now. I work for Verizon and I have a feeling I'd completely flip on the first douche bag that came in and ticked me off. My nerves are so unbelievebly shot right now. Good luck going back. I believe this is a time to test your strength!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that at work.

I have not had a problem with headaches.  Hope they get better soon :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"