Attachment Parenting

Survived our first night without DD

My mom is in town and so we left Marion overnight with her and went and stayed in a fancy pants hotel.

I cried when I was packing my bag, Mar saw I was upset and cried too.  When it came time to leave though, she told us bye bye and went back to my mom with no problems.

Mom said she cried a tiny bit at bedtime when they were reading a dada book (she was crying for her dad mom said) but other than that, she apparently hasn't even notice we're gone.

I'm glad we all survived and man, it was insanely nice for both of us to sleep in until 9 a.m.!!

Re: Survived our first night without DD

• Awwww, so glad it went so smoothly!  And I think it's cute that Marion cried when she saw you were upset...she is so caring!  :)

I am insanely jealous of the 9am thing.  I haven't had more than a 4 hour stretch of sleep in almost 8 months.  Someday that'll be me....right????  ;) 

• I'm so glad to see this and read that she didn't really notice you were gone.   We are leaving our little one overnight for the first time Wednesday....and I'm a bit apprehensive(to say the least). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sooo jealous!!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • I'm supposed to leave DS with the ILs in September (he'll be 15 months) and I just don't think I can do it!
  • imageljlkm:
    I'm supposed to leave DS with the ILs in September (he'll be 15 months) and I just don't think I can do it!

The hardest part was packing my bags - once we got out the door it was easier than I thought.

Also, the next morning was great.  I knew she survived the night and was having fun, so we spent a lot more time out the next morning/afternoon than we had thought.

• That's great!  DS is the same way when we leave him and the break is wonderful for all of us.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"