December 2010 Moms

Finally told ILs

I've been so nervous about telling the ILs, as they're super conservative and we aren't married yet (they refuse to acknowledge that we even live together).  My fiance was equally afraid.  We decided yesterday that we would tell them during our afternoon visit with them.  My fiance tried to do it, but got nervous and abandoned his attempts.

A few hours later, we had dinner with them.  On the way to the restaurant, my fiance just blurted out, "we're having a baby!"  Everyone was quiet for a minute (felt much longer), and then his mom burst out in laughter/tears and started congratulating us.  She then started making plans about signing LO up for swim lessons....so she's pretty excited.  I guess I was very convincing with my mocktails; the first thing his dad said was, "but you've been drinking!"

Now I don't know why we were so nervous.  I knew they'd be happy for us, I just didn't think they'd approve right away.  I'm really looking forward to telling my parents; my mom has been waiting for a grandchild for years.  We want to tell them in person, so we have to wait until they come visit next weekend.

Re: Finally told ILs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"