Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Summer aroung the corner. What's in your toddler or preschoolers bag?

Hello Ladies,

Well most of us have toddlers & Preschoolers in this group.

Summer around the corner. I will like to know what you carry around with you.

In diaper bags or any general bag for your tot's or Pre.

What kind of sun block do you use? What kind of juice do you give your kids? Snacks?

I'm a type of mom. I have a two and half year old son. I carry everything around with me. From extra pair of clothes, wipes, lotion, chap-sticks, tissue, juice, water, snacks.,mini 1st aid kit. Plus my stuff.

Everyone thinks im crazy. You never know what you might need.. LOL..

What's in your bag? What brand of stuff do you use?

THANKS LADIES. Sorry so long.

Re: Summer aroung the corner. What's in your toddler or preschoolers bag?

• Options
    I have 2 girls, 5 & 3.  I use Aveeno spray sunblock.  It's the only one that doesn't irritate DD#1's skin.  If we go to the park in the summer, we lube up before we go & usually take a picnic.  If we just take a short park trip, I throw in some crackers or something, their water bottles & call it good.  I don't carry around much with me, honestly.  I do have a first aid kit in my car.  I did have a friend recommend benadryl gel for summer bug bites, bee stings, etc.  I was thinking about some of that.  Once DD#2 PT'd last summer, I ditched the big bag & now just throw a few things in my purse :)
  • Options

Diapers (2 or 3), wipes, snack, water, sunscreen. I haven't carried a change of clothes since she was a newborn, and even then I only had to use it once when we were out and about.

I keep a travel first aid kit and a couple extra diapers in the glove box of my car.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a 2.5 yo.  I keep a small bag in the car that has a change of clothes and undies.  In my purse I carry a small pack of wipes, a sippy, a snack of some sort (fruit flat, cereal bar, goldfish crackers) and her inhaler.  I give Eva watered down apple or grape juice (organic) or straight water.  For a special treat she sometimes gets lemonade.

For sunscreen, we use Alba Botanicals. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, I don't carry much for DS. I suppose if we are going somewhere specific that requires sunscreen or other clothes, it's different. But generally, I only have a few snacks, diapers/wipes, and a sippy cup in my purse. Sometimes a bib if eating is involved. My stuff is very basic, but he's generally low maintenance. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I carry nothing.

If we're going to a park I'll pack a bag for lunch but most parks we go to have water fountains.

I sometimes bring a zip lock or tupperware of snacks but that's about it.

I sunblock them before we leave the house because sunblock is supposed to be on for 30 minutes prior to sun exposure.

My goal at this stage is to carry less stuff... not more.

No way I'd carry extra clothes!

If they get wet we'll just go home.  No kid ever died from sitting in a car seat while wet for a bit.  At most I'd leave the stuff you're mentioning in a bag in the trunk but no way I'd be lugging that stuff around at this stage of the game. 

I don't even usually carry a purse for myself.  I stick a credit card, some cash and my license in one back pocket and my cell in the other.  I like to keep my hands free so I can go run and play with them at parks and playgrounds.  Having any kind of bag to look after at this stage would be more of a pain than a help. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Sunscreen - Neutrogena 50+ for kids.

In the diaper bag: Diapees and Wipees bag with travel pack of wipes & 3 diapers, 1 thing of fruit snacks (bag is 2"x2" square), one Snack Trap of crackers, one sippie cup with water, one bib, a couple loose bandaids at the bottom, adhesive table covers for eating at restaurants, and a couple toys/board books.  I don't carry an extra change of clothes - there's a blanket in the car we could put inbetween a mostly-naked baby and his carseat if necessary.

My "diaper bag" is a large purse - I carry all of this stuff and still have room for my wallet, cell, cosmetic bag, etc.  I don't carry the whole house with me when we go out, because in a true emergency we could always stop and get whatever item we needed in that unique situation.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Options

DD is currently PTing, so I have a special bag with a few changes of clothes, undies etc.  She is also allergic to nuts, so I carry her epi-pens at all times.  I also have a few pre-packaged snacks for her (because of the allergy, I like to have safe stuff on hand for her), and wipes (again, because of the allergy, I find I need something to wipe stuff with).  I also always have sunscreen in my bag (generic baby 50SPF). 

In the car I have a bag with extra wipes, diapers (although we don't really use them anymore), extra clothes and a hat. 

If I didn't have the baby, then I'd fit it all in my purse, and carry much less, but because I already have the diaper bag, I fit it all in there. 

Oh...and of course I have all of my stuff...wallet, lip balm etc.  I'm amazed that my shoulder hasn't fallen off yet! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"