Attachment Parenting
Options

Ring Sling from Sleeping Baby Productions ?

As it is getting hotter and hotter, my moby hasn't been used in weeks. I mostly use a pouch now from kangeroo korner (Minnesota company) but it is getting too hot as well. I decided I need a ring sling, and SOON!

Which fabric from sleeping baby have any of you used? linen? Twill? tencel? cotton? Any help appreciated.

While I know a lot of you are wrap mommas, I appreciate your help - DS weighs 22 lbs if that changes the recommendation at all!

Thanks!

Re: Ring Sling from Sleeping Baby Productions ?

• Options
    I have a linen one and it breathes great. It does tend to wrinkle but that doesn't really bother me. DS isn't that big yet so I don't know about the weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use linen, too.  Jan has a section on her website regarding recommendations for warmer climates...it might be under FAQ'a or something(sorry, it's been a while since I was on her site).   I still use my ring slings and my daughter is heavier than your son, but I prefer a two-shoulder carry if it's for an extended period of time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a linen one as well and I like it for short amounts of time.  I can't wear it for too long though...I need a two shoulder carrier for that.  It's great for errands on a hot day though! 

If you do get linen, just be aware that it will be super crunchy and scratchy at first!  It just needs a bit of breaking in and it will be soft.  But don't be alarmed if it takes a bit of wearing to break it in :)

• Options
    MAtoNCMAtoNC member
    tencil was recommended to me by another bumpie on the board when I ordered mine, and it has been great for the hot weather.
    Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Options
    I got a linen one, and I loved it at first. But my DS is quite heavy (24.5 lbs at just over 7 months), and I find that it cuts into my shoulder / neck a lot now. If I stretch the fabric out over the top of my arm it really pulls and I'm afraid that the stitching is going to tear.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    THanks for the recommendations ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"