Northern California Babies
Options

Amazon Baby Registry - yay or nay?

Just came across the Amazon Baby Registry when I couldn't find the car seat I wanted from BRU.  Did anyone register this way in addition to BRU or Target?  I have a lot of out of state family, so I think this might be a good option for us...  Just not sure what the "public" thinks about it.

TIA!

Re: Amazon Baby Registry - yay or nay?

• Options

As long as you still have stuff on your BRU or Target registries for people who like to shop in an actual B&M store, I don't see why Amazon wouldn't work too. If they have things that you want and can't find elsewhere, I say go for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's a good option in addition to others.  My only registry is on Amazon (and I didn't have a shower) and people have had a really hard time finding it (they don't think to look there).  I did it because the #1 thing I wanted was diaper service and I liked that I could add things from any website to Amazon.  Also, when things broke (or I figured out I didn't need them) it's not really easy to return them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pps that as long as you have a "store" registry as well it will be fine.
  • Options
    I registered exclusively with Amazon for my baby shower and loved it.  I still use them for Pel?'s Wish List.
  • Options
    I registered exclusively with Amazon as well and it was great! It was really easy for out of state family & friends.   One thing to remember with Amazon, is the price is generally going to be cheaper than with BRU + no sales tax, so it's a win for you gift givers as well. 
  • Options
    We also had our registry exclusively on Amazon.  We didn't have a shower, but MIL made sure everyone knew where the registry was and we didn't hear complaints from anyone trying to buy us a gift.  I really liked the ease of it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStructenggal:
    We also had our registry exclusively on Amazon.  We didn't have a shower, but MIL made sure everyone knew where the registry was and we didn't hear complaints from anyone trying to buy us a gift.  I really liked the ease of it.
    I think that was a lot of our problem, not only was there no shower with the announcement of where we were registered but my mom refused to tell people because she felt like it was asking for gifts so she'd tell people we didn't need anything.
  • Options
    We did Amazon too. I think the shower hostess did include it with the invites because people did know. Aw, your mom is too sweet, but really people want to buy gifts that you actually need! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yes, and we loved it! especially for our "younger" friends/family who do most of their shopping online anyways. It was really nice to have a brick and mortar store for our older family (either BRU or Target).

I found the returns on Amazon were very easy.

erica :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"