Blended Families

DREWLILY

I was reading some posts below and saw you mention getting child support waved.

Not sure if it helps, but DH and BM agreed to have child support waved. We got a judge to agree to it because DH agreed to pay for ALL daycare (Around 600 a month), ALL school expenses (this includes things like school clothes,shoes, and lunches if BM can't afford it), and ALL medical and dental. We also have 50/50 custody with first right of refusal.

Also, my DH's brother doesn't pay CS, because him and his BM have 50/50 custody and make equal pay, so the judge agreed CS would actually make each household more unequal, rather than equal, which is usually why they assign CS.

From what I understand, in order to get a judge to waive CS, you need to show that the households are essentially equal in time and money.

Re: DREWLILY

• Hmm good info, thanks. I doubt a judge would waive CS in our case... but I don't know. It was something we were willing to offer BM if she would agree to a change in custody, but looks like this is going all the way to a judge. We would still offer to waive it, just not sure a judge would agree. BM doesn't even work so I don't know how CS goes in that type of situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"