Northern California Babies

Irritated, eye doctor vent

I was so excited for my optometrist appt, I have been too busy to go for ages. All I wound up with was a prescription. I was there for so long and he took all kinds of tests and retinal photos and wanted to chat about being a doctor and all I wanted was a new pair of glasses. he dilated my eyes for the first time ever and by the time I left I couldn't see a darn thing and all the opticians were busy and I couldn't get any help anyway. I used a free afternoon for practically nothing and had to pay my nanny for the whole time. PO"D!!!!!!! I love my eye doc but this was crazy. I need contacts too, and he said that is a whole different appt. HUH? I already have contacts, so why is it a whole different appt??? Money making scam? I think the retinal photos were definitely unnecessary but it's hard to argue. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Irritated, eye doctor vent

• Oh, that sucks.  I've made DH go early to pick his frames because after he's been dilated there's no way.
  • imageMrs.BoomBoom:
    Oh, that sucks.  I've made DH go early to pick his frames because after he's been dilated there's no way.

Totally, I had no idea how annoying that is. Then i had to drive home. Yikes!! My eyes were killing me.  

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure why he didn't do both appts simultaneously.  They're just different measurements for contacts.  I know they have to be coded for insurance purposes but that was a pretty lame excuse.  They also should have told you up front that you'd be dilated since most people don't like to drive.  Or they should have at least provided you with those dark glasses that they give people.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • they did give me those little dark inserts for my glasses but it didn't help that much. :( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"