Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Medical help please!

M shut S's finger in the door.  Her whole nail came off.  See..

My first thought was ER, but what the heck are they going to do?  DH and my mom said not to go.  Now I am having a hard time keeping it covered.  Right now I have a regular bandaid and her 2 fingers taped together.  She seems to be doing ok with the pain.  I gave her some Motrin.  Anything special I should do?

Re: Medical help please!

• Options

she's moving it fine and it doesn't look misshapened?  

keep it clean and watch for infection (increased redness,swelling, drainage, fever).  may want to ice it for a little bit if it just happened. 

if it looks crooked, I may have it checked out.  

poor baby.   

• Options
    #6#6 member

:(  That look so painful!  So so sorry for little S.  

Im the non worrier and would not go to the ER for that.  DH on the other hand would have been there within 5mins.  (we live 2 mins from the hospital)  

PP said it best.  

Hope it heals fast.  Kids are relisant.  Kennedy burned her hand pretty bad at my moms (on the eye of the stove) and within 2 days she was trying to use her hand again.  Couldnt because of the bandages but she kept trying.  (btw, we didnt go to the ER for her burn.  Dh has had a lot of training in first aid and knew it wasnt bad enough for a visit even though he really wanted to take her)  

Surprisingly when I went to Walmart to get bandages and burn cream the Pharmacist was super helpful.  More helpful than the ER nurse/DR when I took Kaydance when she fell and hit her head and I thought she needed stitches.  (which she didnt)    

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no!!! MY POOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would do what you're doing....use neosporin to keep away infection!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"