Arizona Babies
Options

Fave activities with baby?

Just wondered (since there seemed to be slightly more activity on the board) what activities you do with your LO?

I'm staying home with C for now and am looking for regular (and enjoyable) things that I can do and bring her with me. 

So far here's what I've got: 

- Babytime at the library, we go to the Kirk Bear Canyon one on Wed afternoons. Do you go to a good one on another day? 

- Baby Boot Camp - work out class that is great to do with your LO - great motivation to work out plus socialize!  I'm going to the Park Place Mall morning ones right now (they moved to inside/shade for summer)- they offer a class for free if you want to check it out. (If you do go tell them Tracy sent you - enough people go and I could get a class for free Wink

- Breastfeeding support group (but we're kind of aging out of this soon I think). I may go check out LLL ....

I'd love other suggestions or hope my ideas help someone else! 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Fave activities with baby?

• Options
    MsNessaMsNessa member

imageMystery2B:
    - Baby Boot Camp - work out class that is great to do with your LO - great motivation to work out plus socialize!  I'm going to the Park Place Mall morning ones right now (they moved to inside/shade for summer)- they offer a class for free if you want to check it out. (If you do go tell them Tracy sent you - enough people go and I could get a class for free Wink)

How cool, do you feel like it's a really good workout?

Right now DD is a bit young for some things and she has colic so we mostly just go for walks around the neighborhood.  And to the store/Target when we need to, but I have to keep my fingers crossed and hurry in the hopes she won't have a meltdown in the middle of shopping.  :)

I'm interested to see what kind of responses you get.  It would be nice to have some ideas for later.

• Options
    imageMsNessa:

imageMystery2B:
    - Baby Boot Camp - work out class that is great to do with your LO - great motivation to work out plus socialize!  I'm going to the Park Place Mall morning ones right now (they moved to inside/shade for summer)- they offer a class for free if you want to check it out. (If you do go tell them Tracy sent you - enough people go and I could get a class for free Wink)

How cool, do you feel like it's a really good workout?

Right now DD is a bit young for some things and she has colic so we mostly just go for walks around the neighborhood.  And to the store/Target when we need to, but I have to keep my fingers crossed and hurry in the hopes she won't have a meltdown in the middle of shopping.  :)

I'm interested to see what kind of responses you get.  It would be nice to have some ideas for later.

Oh yeah, it's a great workout. Since the class is smaller (the most I've been there with is like 5-6 people) you get a lot of attention to keep your form right and encouragement. And if you're doing a set of arm work or something and baby fusses the instructor will come over and and help entertain LO. I'm not ready to leave her in a temp daycare to exercise so this is great - she gets an outing which she loves, and I get a good workout and some adult interaction which is great for me!  I went for the first time when C was like 3.5 months old I think.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If anyone is interested in trying out Baby Boot Camp (and there was someone there today with a 2 month old - so I think you'd be good Nessa) this Saturday they're doing a "grand re-opening" with a 30 minute class, a raffle, and discounted sign ups for the week. It's at 9am at Park Place Mall, just outside the play area (kinda between the play area and gelato stand). If you do go check it out can you tell them Tracy sent you because A) I'll be there and it would be cool to meet people and B) I get an extra raffle entry :) and I heard the raffle prizes were good...

If you do want to meet up there drop me a PM so I know to be on the lookout for you - would be very cool to meet IRL. 

• Options

I haven't been here for a while - nice to see there is some activity and new comers!

My little one is 15 months now!  Our favorite activity is going to the Tucson Childrens Museum.  I started taking him just after he was steady on his feet.  There are a lot of different rooms to explore and we can typically spend 2 hours there.  Its great during the summer so he can run around somewhere air conditioned without me telling him to stop touching everything :)

When it gets cooler, I'm thinking of getting a Zoo membership.  He also liked the Tucson Botonical Gardens this past spring when we saw the Butterfly Magic Exhibit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"