Blended Families

So sad for stepkids

We were talking with them tonight and I asked how J's kids were doing, was trying to be polite.  They were like they are fine.  I asked if they were all getting along (there have been issues before of them being bothered by them) and they both said they bother them all the time.They said that BM and J just tell them it is normal 9 year old behavior and they need to just not worry about it.  They also said J's kids are very spoiled.  We asked how because it seems like they don't really have much, but we soon realized it's not spoiled in actual things, more about love.

They said that J's daughter got to have a sleepover one day.  SD said it wasn't fair because she has never been allowed to have a sleep over.  She actually almost started crying.  She said "they get a sleepover before we even do!"  It is the house they grew up in and J and his 2 kids moved in over Christmas (BM and J started dating in August).  I guess they are now engaged and plan to get married next summer.

I told her that it was ok if she ever wanted to have one here, we'd even do all the driving for their friends if needed but she shouldn't feel like she can;t here.  I really hope she has a sleepover one day!  I felt so bad for her! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So sad for stepkids

• aww, poor SD :( That was really sweet that you told her about helping her to have a sleepover at your house - that probably made her feel good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"