Special Needs
Options

Can I Tell You Guys Something...

I lurk here from time to time -- I hope that is ok -- I do not have a special needs child but I have an interest in autism/aspergers (child of a former colleague is on the spectrum and I try to keep current on research, etc.). 

Every time I pop on here, the moms on this board just absolutely AMAZE me. I don't want this to sound patronizing because it is truly meant with all sincerity. The way that you advocate for your children is just beyond impressive. I have seen posts with medical information, treatment options and advice that I swear is probably better than what most of your pedis and therapists can give. It is moms like you that will change the world; I absolutely believe that.  I hope that all of the people you know "in real life" remind you how incredible you are.

Reading this over, it sounds so cheesy but I am moved every time I come over here by how courageous and devoted you all are. And cheesy or not, I just had to say it.

Re: Can I Tell You Guys Something...

• Options
    I totally agree.  I feel like my kids' issues are minor compared to some (my dd has febrile seizures and has hypotonia, and my son may have hypotonia) and I love how supportive everyone is here.  The fact is that no matter how minor the issue is, it seems very major to you when it is happening.
  • Options

Thanks for your kind words.  I wish that I had more friends like you in real life. 

I think it is wonderful that a. you are on here trying to learn more to help your friend/understand what she is going through and b. took the time to write a few encouraging words to some strangers on the internet.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"