High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Fainted Today....

We were visiting a tea factory for work and in the middle of the tour,  I went fainted.  It was not my blood sugar (105), and I spoke with my doctor's office because I have a rip roaring headache.  The did not seem too concerned, but wanted to know if it happened again.  Who has fainted when they were pg?  What caused it?  This just freaks me out, because there were no normal factors to cause this!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Fainted Today....

• Options
    MomEadsMomEads member
    I've never actually fainted, but during the second tri and early on in the third, I had a lot of dizzy spells.  The room would spin and I would feel really disoriented.  My doc was not concerned either, so it must be a normal pregnancy thing.  Maybe it was too hot where you were?  Heat causes me headaches even when not pregnant.  Low BS is usually sweating/shaking according to my dietician.  She's neverr mentioned headaches. GL and I hope it doesn't happen again!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    nurseJKnurseJK member

Your knees weren't locked were they? I know if you stand without slightly bending your knees you can pass out...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i did today too. thankfully it happened while i was in the L&D room for my weekly NST! they just gave me icewater and put a fan on me. i didn't eat and took my prenatal, (worst idea) and the nausea of the vitamin just got to me and took me down. stayed a little longer but everything was fine.
  • Options

Could be dehydration or blood pressure related.  I know you can get low blood pressure that would cause the symptoms you described.  And dehydration would too.

So take it easy and drink water.  Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My #2 pregnancy I fainted all the time.  They never pinpointed it, although standing was the biggest factor.  I fainted at work at the copy machine - a coworker said I turned gray and crumpled to the floor. - My doctor didn't let me go back to work.  Other times I collapsed but didn't completely lose consciousness - it was after standing in line at the bank/grocery store.  I wasn't allowed to drive the last 2-3 months of the pregnancy either.

Later in the preg. I had several days that if I sat up on the couch I'd faint -  but it was totally hit or miss. My dd#1 was 2.5 and a couple of those times pooped in her diaper, took it off and was running through the house with a poopy butt.  Thank the Lord I had a good friend that came when I called and helped out.  Of course those time I hadn't eaten either because I couldn't get off the couch to get any food.  My doctor thought that maybe the baby was putting pressure on a blood vessel or something.  I was on "baby bedrest" - bedrest when I couldn't move and up and running on days I could.

Everything went away immediately after I gave birth.  The morning after I was up and running though the hospital feeling like a million bucks!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"