2nd Trimester
Options

Lilbit - Sip and See

A sip and see is big in Mississippi and New Orleans (I'm sure other places but that is where I have lived).

Basically, the point of the party is to sip on punch and see a new baby.  In MS it is common for the new grandmother to host the party so all of her friends can meet the baby.  Gifts are not expected but, all of the old ladies usually bring frilly clothes or useless gifts like a silver rattle.

My MIL's family was going to host a shower but decided they wanted to do a sip and see instead when we are back in MS for Thanksgiving so everyone can meet the baby.

Re: Lilbit - Sip and See

• Options
    oh that's cute! Very southern like. Makes sense, just had never hear of it before. I can picture a bunch of Paula Deen-Types at this party!
  • Options

I LOVE the whole idea of this but we don't do those things in NY, but I just might have to start the trend...hmmm how to "hint" this?!?!...

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemax1563:

I LOVE the whole idea of this but we don't do those things in NY, but I just might have to start the trend...hmmm how to "hint" this?!?!...

you could have a Martini MeetNGreet ha-ha WAY more NY sounding...no mint julips for you missy!

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

Good mental picture!

They will say things like "Oh she is just as sweet as sugah" and "Oh my heavens, she is as darling as {enter something cute here}" in the biggest Southern accents you have ever heard.  Kate will be 3 syllables by the end of the party.  Actually, they won't even call her Kate - they will call her Katie Beth b/c all proper Southern girls need a double name.

It is very nose in the air with my MILs friends (think all of the senators' wives as well as the governor?s wife) so it should be interesting.

• Options
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:

you could have a Martini MeetNGreet ha-ha WAY more NY sounding...no mint julips for you missy!

That rocks!  I think we might call it 'Manolos & Martini Meet 'N Greet' Soooo New York!

• Options
    imagemax1563:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:

That rocks!  I think we might call it 'Manolos & Martini Meet 'N Greet' Soooo New York!

very Sex in the City!! LOVE IT!

Where I live....it would be like Kegs N Kids...no shoes no shirt no problem...damn bumpkins!

• Options
    imageLCB34:

Good mental picture!

They will say things like "Oh she is just as sweet as sugah" and "Oh my heavens, she is as darling as {enter something cute here}" in the biggest Southern accents you have ever heard.  Kate will be 3 syllables by the end of the party.  Actually, they won't even call her Kate - they will call her Katie Beth b/c all proper Southern girls need a double name.

It is very nose in the air with my MILs friends (think all of the senators' wives as well as the governor?s wife) so it should be interesting.

I am sooo picturing this right now!!!! So cute!  All the women are in floppy hats like you would wear to the Kentucky Derby, including little Kate! lol

• Options
    imageLCB34:

Good mental picture!

that just made me laugh! So true! I can TOTALLY See this event play out in my head!

• Options

This is what I am doing this time around.

Last time I got major flack from my dad's side of the family for not having anyone over when the twins were born. Well excuse me if they were preemies born in cold season and were on heart monitors so I had more pressing issues to deal with! It isn't always about you! Plus *nobody* called me or sent me a card to congratulate me so why would I invite you over. >:(

Oops, sorry for the mini rant, lol!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:

Where I live....it would be like Kegs N Kids...no shoes no shirt no problem...damn bumpkins!

OMG, you crack me up!  Ocala isn't that bad.....is it?

• Options
    imagegemrae1225:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemax1563:

OMG, you crack me up!  Ocala isn't that bad.....is it?

hmmm well it depends where you end up in Marion County ha-ha. there are some PRETTY scary parts ha-ha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"