High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD moms - testing 1 hr or 90 minutes after meals?

W/ DS they had me test 90 min. after meals and I was able to be diet controlled for about 5 wks before I had to go on insulin.

I have a new dr this pg (the other one was an hour away) and they are having me test 1 hr. after every meal.  I've been testing for a few days and my numbers have been above the 120 mark after meals, not crazy, just not below it. 

I was on a strict carb allowance w/ DS, do you think they just need to lower my carbs?  I was really surprised to see they are allowing me 30 carbs per snack?

Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!

Re: GD moms - testing 1 hr or 90 minutes after meals?

• Options
    It's so bizarre how different the diets are from doctor to doctor. I'm only allowed 15 carbs at each daytime snack, and then 30 before bed. Do they have a dietician you could talk to? I'd think reducing your carbs a little bit would help if you're pretty close to what they want.

• Options

I test an hour after meals, but have to be under 140 at that time, and am allowed 15 g at snacks...

Every doctor is COMPLETELY different though, so you're likely to get 100 different answers here. =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get 30 carbs for snacks (though I can have as little as 15).  Talk to someone before you lower your carbs, there might be a reason it's higher this time, maybe you need more calories to gain the weight they want or something.  Plus you don't want to be spilling keyotes which can happen if you have too little.
    Your 1 hour target does seem a little low though, mine is 130 so maybe you could talk to your doctor about why you're only allowed 120
  • Options
    1 hour
  • Options
    my target is also 120 1 hr after and 110 2hrs after, i thinks thats pretty typical though i've researched it, my carb allowance is 15 for snacks.  just talk to your dr about it, gd is all about constant adjustments. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get 30 at snacks too, which surprised me.  But I get to test two hours after meals and have to be uner a 120 at that time.  I would say just talk to the dietician and see if they can adjust your carb allowance before they stick you on meds.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"