December 2010 Moms
Options

Grumpy husband update

So last night really sucked. We went to bed angry and I actually slept on the couch because I was so pissed off and felt like I was owed an apology.

Well, this morning my husband went to work without saying a word to me and I was so upset I texted him to call me when he had time. 

The convo was a bit tense at first, but we really worked through it and basically he feels like I snap at him all the time without giving him a chance to actually do something- like last night I asked him to lock the door, he said he wanted to put everything he had in his hands down first and take off his shoes and I jumped on him to do it. 

So I'm going to try even harder to be more patient (something I'm really not good at) and to tell him more that I appreciate him because really, he does so much. It was basically a whole evening of both of us being stubborn and feeling like the other person was rude. I had a good long cry because I was worried that if THIS is stressing us out and we don't talk, then whats going to happen when we have a baby in the middle of it? So we're both going to work harder on talking it out- or if we need a moment to cool off, to say so and not just be quiet and 'stew'. I was so upset about this whole thing but it all ended up really well and I'm actually kind of glad it happened because we both understand eachother a bit more. lol but man, I cried so hard I threw up as soon as I was off the phone with him. 

Anyways, thanks everyone for their comments last night, its nice to know I'm not the only one with this going on, which is why I thought I'd tell you all how it went. As nice as I thought I was being, I guess I really do have to see it from his point of view. 

Re: Grumpy husband update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"