Secondary IF

New to the board & a question...

Good morning ladies!  We've been TTC #2 for 10 months now.  With DS three years ago it took one year with unexplained inferility.  After my saline sono were able to conceive on our own, thankfully!  So, after trying for 5 months headed back to the RE for testing and found out my FSH is 18, and I'm 39 - not good numbers.  So, premature ovarian failure - only option was DE.  My RE is willing to work with us and we are going for my first IUI with meds in June.   We figure if my body doesn't respond at all to the meds then we will pursue adoption.  I think both my DH and I need to have this closure before we're able to really move on. 

Now my question, my RE called in a script for Clomid.  But from what I've read it isn't usually recommended for someone my age and/or women with high FSH.  The nurse said a few weeks ago that they would go with either Femara or Clomid.  I'm thinking that Femara might be the better choice?  Any ideas, experiences or research out there?  I've got a call in to the nurse and am waiting for a call back. 

Thanks in advance!

Mother of a beautiful little boy 11/01/07! Expecting #2 EDD 9/28/11 What a wonderful surprise!!!

Re: New to the board & a question...

• Welcome and I wish you the best of luck!!  I was on both Clomid & Femara but never responded.  I'm not sure about the link between age and clomid.

Good Luck!!!!

• To be honest, I don't have any helpful information, I just wanted to say hi. I got pg with DD very quickly (and naturally) but have been trying on and off for a couple of years for DC#2. About three weeks ago I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure. I'm 35 and my FSH was 45 (normal for a woman in her mid 50's). I had cancer and chemo when I was 20 and it caused POF. My RE told me that my options are DE or adoption. DH just agreed to DE (he needed more time to process than I did). 

Although it's a completely suck boat to be in, it's nice not to be in it alone. Best of luck finding the answers you need and in your quest for DC#3.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"