Georgia Babies
Options

Marathon or Boulavard?

I can't decide between the 2.  Which one do you have?

(I may or may not have already posted a convertible car seat Q in the past.  Please forgive me ; P  )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Marathon or Boulavard?

• Options

I have two of both.

I feel more comfortable with my children in the Boulavard since it has the true side impact protection and as we all know Atlanta drivers and not the best.

But, the Marathon is smaller and Ridge thinks it is a race car seat.

• Options
    Thanks Danielle.  I was wondering about the side impact.  The description of the marathon says it has it, but it doesn't look like as much as the
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    boulavard. Ugh don't know what happened there.
  • Options
    I replaced our decathalon with the boulevard after I got rear ended with C in the car. He was 6 months old and that was enough for me to go with boulevard. I have the CS model that clicks when it's tight enough. All adjustments are so easy. I love that seat and feel like C is protected. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Okay, I clearly cannot spell Boulevard.  ugh.
  • Options
    I have the Marathon, love it!
  • Options
    I have 2 Boulevards and love them. We got them for the extra side impact protection, but what really sealed the deal for us was how easy it is to adjust the straps. You just turn the knob to move them up rather than having to unthread the straps. FYI we bought both of them on Albeebaby.com for about $230 each.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    Another WOOT for the Boulevard :)   Ditto what Jennifer said about the strap adjustment and the extra side impact protection is a great peace of mind for us.   We started using ours at 5 months old with Harrison and he's still using it at 4-1/2.   Its a great investment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    myrallmyrall member
    We love our Marathon. I've never been worried about DD's safety in it. Although, I am currently eyeballing the newer Frontier 85s just because they look like they'll have a smaller footprint. 
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kegkeg member

We have a set of Boulevards in our main vehicle.  They are beasts, but we have a minivan so it's not a big deal.  DDs seem to like them (well, other than general I don't want to get in my seat fits).  It has taken me a little bit of time to get used to the straps because I was used to the Snugrides where you pull the long strap once to tighten while my Boulevards is more of a ratchet pull-pull-pull.  However, I think they are great seats and I feel DDs are well protected.  Like pp, I'll put in a plug for albeebaby.com because that's where I got a great deal on ours, plus they generally have free shipping on orders over $100.   

ETA:  We have a set of much cheaper and lighter seats (Cosco Scenera) in our second vehicle that's not used as much.  We plan on using these seats when we fly later this summer because the Boulevards are huge and HEAVY.  So, if you are planning on doing much flying and taking a seat with you, I'd plan on having another lighter seat.  (Our backup seats were $45/each at Walmart.)  

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    We have a Marathon; just liked the way it fit in the car better than the other one.  GL with deciding!  If Max is on the higher end of the weight stats, you might want whichever one has a higher weight limit, if that helps your decision; I can't remember which goes to a higher weight, but that was one thing we thought about, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the Boulevard and love it.  I joke and say Ava rides more comfortable than us!!  I got a great deal on it at albeebaby.com as well.  I think I paid under $200 for it. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Both of my boys are in Marathons.  Love them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Boulevard CS and love it.
    ~Tiffanie~
  • Options
    I have the Boulevard CS.   My car doesn't have side-impact air bags so I thought it would be the safest bet for me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Another vote for the Boulevard if you're choosing between those two. I love the side impact protection and the knob to adjust it the straps make it a piece of cake. We got ours on sale at Albeebaby super cheap too.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!  I think I'm going to go and check out albeebaby now.. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"