TTC after 35

d&c??

Had my d&c today, so how long until I'm back to my regular cycle? I would thik my body would adjust quickly since I should be excreating any pg hormones now.

My follow up appt is on the 17th, so we'll wtf then and he hopes to have all the fetal tissue testing results by then. How long has it taken other ladies to get their results (if you sent it off)?

My last d&c was in 1994, so I remember nothing about it! TIA and FUIF....

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.

Re: d&c??

• Oh, MAH...I'm so sorry you had to go through this.  AF showed for me 5 weeks later.  I didn't have any testing since it was the first m/c. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStrunella:
    Oh, MAH...I'm so sorry you had to go through this.  AF showed for me 5 weeks later.  I didn't have any testing since it was the first m/c. 

Thanks, that's kind of the timeline I had imagined, it just wasn't based on anything other than my own random thoughts. I'm actually hopeful about the testing, becasue we are 100% unexplained IF (I even had pgd with my last IVF). Thanks again and I am so happy to see a ticker in your siggy :) !!!!!  

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStrunella:
    Oh, MAH...I'm so sorry you had to go through this.  AF showed for me 5 weeks later.  I didn't have any testing since it was the first m/c. 

My first D&C it took only 5 weeks also.  My second was almost 8 weeks. 

• My RE put me on a pack of birth control pills as soon as my hcg numbers were low again, and that took about 3 weeks after the D&C. After I finished the pack of pills we were cleared to TTC again. I thought that the procedure itself wasn't bad. It was dealing with the loss and the emotions and hormones that totally sent me out of control in the weeks after. I didn't have any testing, but I hope you get your results soon. I hope you're able to get some rest in the next few days. Take care of yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ougrad1ougrad1 member
    : (    It took me 34 days to get my first af back.  I'm so sorry.
  • I've not had a d&c but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
  • Sorry, i dont have any experience with this but im so sorry your going through this, your in my t&ps!!!
  • so sorry you have to go thru this :(
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. First AF showed up 31 days after my D&C. I didn't have any testing though, so I can't offer any insight there.

Wishing you the best.

• OscarQOscarQ member

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had one weird little period about 14 days after my D&C and then my real period resumed about 30 days after that.  Dr. didn't count the little period as a true cycle so I guess it took abut 44 days or so for my cycle to return to normal.

I also had the tissue tested and the results took about 4 weeks - initially I was told 3 but the lab was backed up (how sad is that?  I hope they do much more testing than just on m/c's). 

Take care of yourself.  Hugs. 

• Mah, I have no info for you but i want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry you are going thru this...((hugs to you))
  • MAH,

Thanks for inquiring about AF after D&C. I had my D&C on May 5 and just assumed that I would start back on a regular cycle.

My test results were back within 3 weeks and we had our consultation with RE over them this last week. He talked about the genetics and gender of baby which was very hard to hear (I cried). He also has ordered me to have more bloodwork done and my DH to see DNA. (What I got out of it was to see if our genes are compatible).

RE told me that if we want to continue TTC to go for it! He didn't give us a waiting period. He said he didn't see a reason why we had to wait.

Hang in there. Time Heals.

carrie 

• I had a D&E this week as well. My MFM said that we should have some blood results back in about a week but no word on when the tissue tests would be back. My RE said to call on CD1 to set up an office hysteroscopy and then we can jump back into another donor cycle. I am so relieved that they aren't making us wait months and months to try again.

So sorry about your loss.

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • jcathjcath member

MAH just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you - I've been off the boards for a few days. 

After my D&E I got AF about five weeks later and then the next cycle was four weeks. The Dr sent a sample for genetic testing but they weren't able to culture anything - so it took three weeks for them to call me and say we weren't getting any results. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"