Working Moms

Does this seem fair?

So I met with the SAHM I was talking about in a earlier post yesterday and I really liked her.  She seemed good with DD and her daughter is pretty low key.  Their house is very clean and nice with a dedicated play room.  DD will go 1-2 days week (mostly 2, with a few weeks only once).  I am thinking of offering to pay a fixed $300/mo so she can count on the income even if DD will not be there the full two days.  That works out to $37.5/day.  A woman in my office pays $50/mo for two kids but that provider does not have their own child as well. 

Does that seem like a fair deal?

MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Does this seem fair?

• How many hours per day? Will she be providing anything for you like diapers or later, formula?

Based on what your office mate pays, what you're willing to pay seems a little high. Be sure to price it well enough that you can give her a raise if you like her or if she raises her rate or whatever.

• imagecarrie4g:

How many hours per day? Will she be providing anything for you like diapers or later, formula?

Based on what your office mate pays, what you're willing to pay seems a little high. Be sure to price it well enough that you can give her a raise if you like her or if she raises her rate or whatever.

9 hours a day no formula/food provided.

• Loading the player...
  • I guess it depends on whether or not she's planning to earn much income. That ends up being less than $5/hr, which seems pretty low to me. But then again, everything seems to be ridiculously overpriced in my area. We were paying our first nanny around $10/hr and she did bring her own child with her as well (who was a few months older than my DS).
  • That sounds more than fair to me. We pay essentially $25/day for DS to go to a sitter's house (though he goes every day).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seems more than fair to me!  We pay $25/day for an in-home center.  We provided baby formula and diapers, and she now provides food, since DD isn't on formula anymore.

Also, I really like the idea of you paying her a flat rate, even though some weeks it would only be 1 day a week.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ok I was a little off.  One day will be 8.5-9 hours and the other will be 5.5-6.

So At the most 15 hours a week, some weeks only 9 hours.

• akl0506akl0506 member

ooh, is your DD cute, finally2006!

I'm not sure where you are located, but in the Twin Cities (MN), the going rate out by us seemed to be about $35-$40/day for part-time in home licensed daycare.  So, I think $37.50 to a stay at home mom is plenty.  Especially, if there are a few weeks where she will only go one time per week.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's regional, but it seems fair for both of you to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"