Adoption

I told my mom yesterday

I told my mom yesterday that we are planning to adopt.  I was a little nervous about her reaction... but she was so excited.  She started crying and she kept saying, "I'm going to be a grandma!"  She congratulated me.  It was almost like I had just told her I was pregnant.  It was the best reaction I could have hoped for :-)

Good job, mom!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I told my mom yesterday

• That is great!! It's so nice to have a support system through such a huge journey.
  • Awww.  That's so wonderful.  I worried about my parents reaction, too.  
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • YAY!!!  That is so wonderful!!  My brother was the same way.  He was the first of us sibs to have kids so our DS is his first nephew.  When we told him we were adopting he got so excited about being an uncle for the first time and said we couldn't have topped that annoucement if we'd shown him an untrasound photo.  That was such a wonderful feeling and I am so glad you received such excited support.  That's what it should be like.  Yay mom!  And congrats to you too!!
  • c1311c1311 member
    Fantastic!  You must be so relieved and excited.  I wasn't nervous about telling my parents, afterall they adopted my brothers, but I was nervous about telling my in-laws.  I wasn't sure how they'd reaction, but it went very well.  I felt like a weight had been lifted.
  • Thats awesome!! Its so nice when you get that reaction
    Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • This made me cry.  I lost my mother two years ago when we were doing IF treatments and she was so excited to be a grandma one day.  This just shows that you have an awesome mother, and you are very lucky.
  • image**AmberF**:
    This made me cry.  I lost my mother two years ago when we were doing IF treatments and she was so excited to be a grandma one day.  This just shows that you have an awesome mother, and you are very lucky.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can relate to how you feel - my father died a year and a half ago, and he will never be a grandpa.  I'm excited to tell my stepmom, but I know she'll feel a little tinge of sadness about my father being gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"