Two Under 2
Options

2u2 and repeat c/s

So, we went to the drug store to buy pg tests this weekend because we thought I was pg (used a condom EVERY time, but AF was late).  It turned out that I'm not, but I really started to freak out!  My OB and all the rest of the stuff I've read said that I have to wait until DS is a year.  

Have any of you had repeat c/s with your 2u2?  How far apart were their births?   

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: 2u2 and repeat c/s

• Options

my ob said i could get pg anytime if i was doing a repeat c/s.  if i wanted a vbac, she rec'd waiting 12-18mo to get pg.

i got pg when ds1 was 8mo and never had any complications due to c/s. 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have kids 18 and 19 months apart. Basically 3 c-sections in 3 years. No issues, and my OB told me that I could get PG whenever DH and I wanted. She didn't give me a time frame of waiting.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB told us to wait til DD was a year old before trying after our c-section.  We ended up getting pregnant when DD was 6months old.  Everything went fine with my pregnancy and the doctor was even willing to let me try to VBAC if that is what I really wanted.  I ended just getting a repeat c-section because I have a funnel shaped pelvis making it really hard if not impossible for my LO to descend.  My doctor didn't give any recommendations this time on how long we wait to try for #3 but we plan on waiting a while so I didn't ask.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had 3 c/s's in 28 months.  My OB had no concerns and I could have tried for a VBAC with #2.
  • Options
    My c-sections will be 14 months apart and my dr isn't concerned since I'm doing the repeat. It's more of an issue if you want to try VBAC.

• Options
    My 2nd c/s was 16.5 months after my 1st c/s.  My OB said it was fine to get pregnant as soon as I wanted to, and that some research suggests c/s are safer/easier to recover from when spaced close together.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
  • Options
    I got PG with DD when DS was 6 mos old.  They are 15 mos apart, both c/s and I had zero complications.
  • Options
    I had a repeat c-section, and my boys are 13.5 months apart.
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options
    17mo apart. I had 2 C/S.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"