2nd Trimester

Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing - My Little Lamb

Anyone else registering or own this swing? Is it really worth the $$?

Re: Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing - My Little Lamb

• I love this cute little swing! My godbaby has one and his mom said it was a life saver for thoses nights he had trouble sleeping! I am most def getting one!
  • This is the swing I registered for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The papasan swing got lots of use at my house.  I really don't know what I would have done without it.  I think if you're going to get a swing, that papasan is the way to go.
  • LCB34LCB34 member

My sister swears by this swing.  Both of her boys loved it - yet they hated the more traditional swing that my mom kept at her house.

However, I registered for the Graco SweetPeace system.  I liked that I can take the seat out and set it on the floor or move it to a different room in the house if I want.  Sounded convenient in the event Kate fell asleep in the swing and I wanted to take a shower or something.  But, obviously I don?t have a kid yet and could be totally delusional to whether or not my thinking is practical.

• I've read so many good reviews about this swing that it's on my list of items I must own.

:)

• imagewife1014:
    The papasan swing got lots of use at my house.  I really don't know what I would have done without it.  I think if you're going to get a swing, that papasan is the way to go.

DD had the papasan swing and LOVED it!!!! It is just like the Little Lamb swing, but the Little lamb is cuter I love the ears!!! We are going to get this one because I gave the papasan one away and they are the same and amazing!!!!

• imagewife1014:
    The papasan swing got lots of use at my house.  I really don't know what I would have done without it.  I think if you're going to get a swing, that papasan is the way to go.

DD had the papasan swing and LOVED it!!!! It is just like the Little Lamb swing, but the Little lamb is cuter I love the ears!!! We are going to get this one because I gave the papasan one away and they are the same and amazing!!!!

• DH and I cannot find a swing we like...

Link?

• I registered for this and the bouncer at Target. There's hundred's of reviews on it there, might be worth a look....
  • Jb&JbJb&Jb member
    I have the same swing, but it was nature themed instead of lamb themed.  it came out a year before the lamb one.  for us, it was a good swing, after DD put on about 5-10 pounds, but when she was a newborn (8.13oz) the thing swung so fast on the slowest setting, you'd have thought we put her on the tilt-a-whirl.  after posting about this on the bump, i learned from some folks that it was just a motor thing, and not every swing was like this, but if yours ends up like this, the way to slow it down is to drape a blanket over the metal rod that holds the swing so it touches the ground.  it slows the swing down tremendously. 
  • My FSIL has one for my nephew and her and the baby both love it. She really likes that it can swing in both directions 
  • image**Octoberbride09**:

It's only $99 on amazon.com. I also am going to get some rechargable D batteries & charger since it doesn't plug in. My cousins were constantly running out to get batteries for their swing- not this one, it got expensive!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I registered for one :)
  • I have it! It's set up in my living room as I type this. Right now, all it has in it is piles of baby clothes, but it looks beatiful and I"m sure LO will love it!
    The one complaint I have is it does make a clicking noise as it sways; not sure if I got a bum one, or if that's just how it is...but it's not a biggie...

I did get mine on sale (with free shipping) for $139...not sure I'd pay $199 for it...but I love it so far!

We ordered this one from Amazon. It is the fisher price papasan swing "Starlight". I comes with a plug so it won't eat up batteries. I love it and can't wait for LO to try it out.

• My daughter LOVED it.  It was how I got meals made, vacuumed, etc. when she was 0-6 months old (give or take).  I was sad when we packed it up.  I hope the next baby loves it just as much :).

• I registered for a swing, but not this one. If you're going to get a swing (which I highly recommend you do) get one that plugs in. It will save you an ass load on batteries because swings eat batteries like crazy.
  • imageTINKGIRL:

We ordered this one from Amazon. It is the fisher price papasan swing "Starlight". I comes with a plug so it won't eat up batteries. I love it and can't wait for LO to try it out.

I was wondering about this one, too. Is it the same thing just a different pattern? Is it girly? I'd much rather have the plug.

• klyannklyann member
    Someone gave us a barely used starlight papasan swing (gender neutral colors).  I like that it plugs in, so no need to worry about batteries.  Oh and you can't beat FREE.  Big Smile

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageMrs.Johns:
    imageTINKGIRL:

I was wondering about this one, too. Is it the same thing just a different pattern? Is it girly? I'd much rather have the plug.

I'm getting this one too, it's the same thing as the Lamb.  It's not girly at all and I plan on getting it at Walmart because it's back ordered a lot of places.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFulbri05:

I'm getting this one too, it's the same thing as the Lamb.  It's not girly at all and I plan on getting it at Walmart because it's back ordered a lot of places.

Thanks! I put it on my amazon registry. I have been searching for a good swing that doesn't need batteries for a while. So happy! :)

• ougrad1ougrad1 member
    Emerson slept exclusively in hers for the first four months.  It was a lifesaver!  I plan on getting another so I'll have two for the twins.  Absolutely worth the money.
  • JDOJDO member

My best friend has this one, and the matching bouncer. They are very cute! Her DD is only 2 weeks old, and they can't really use the swing yet (even on the lowest setting it's too powerful) but they will set the baby in it and set it rocking side-to-side by hand which seems to work well for now. And, did I mention this set is adorable!

The only thing I don't like about it, I don't think this one has a plug-in option. We're registering for the Fisher Price Rainforest cradle swing instead because of the plug-in feature. 

• I registered for it, I have a friend that has it and she swears by it!

I wish they had it in adult size, I would love to snooze in one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought this swing for DD and she did not like it. She preferred the vibrating bouncy chair. I am hoping this baby will like it. If not, one of my friends is having a baby right after me, so i will pass it to her if we dont use it. It is a very nice swing though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Stop by my blog! www.ginasguideto.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"