Two Under 2

help need advice about what to do with DC#2 while they are awake while still playing with DC#1

i am having a hard time figuring out what to do with DS who is 2 months old when he is awake but yet still playing with DD. what do you do with your baby and toddler? thanks:)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: help need advice about what to do with DC#2 while they are awake while still playing with DC#1

• I'm still new at this, but so far DD (#2) plays on her playmat, has tummy time, or sits on my lap while we watch DS play, or we all read books, etc.  If DS is acting interested in DD, we'll look at her and name her body parts or talk about how her fingers are little and his are big...stuff like that.  She's generally only awake for an hour or so before taking her next nap, so I find the time goes by pretty quickly.  If the weather's nice, I'll put DD in a carrier while we all go for a walk.
  • P.S. Your children are total cuties!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, we did the same as pp.

DS#2 hated tummy time and his playmat, though, so I either held him, put him in the bouncer, or in my wrap.  We also went for a lot of walks and read a lot of books.  I tried to have DS#1 play with DS#2 to start some sort of bond and get them used to each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"