Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Day Care Suggestions in Preston Hollow or Downtown/Uptown Dallas

My husband and I are expecting our first child on Dec 1. My husband works full time and I plan to return to work when the baby is four or five months old. We live in the Preston Hollow area and work in the Downtown/Uptown Dallas area. Any recommendations for full time day care centers in these areas? I have tours scheduled with First United Methodist Church and First Presbyterian Church in downtown, but want to keep my options open. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Day Care Suggestions in Preston Hollow or Downtown/Uptown Dallas

• Better get on a waiting list now if you want to get in at Methodist or Presby downtown - they average 9-12 months.  First Baptist downtown also has childcare.  There is an independent, non-church-affiliated daycare in the Plaza of the Americas building - Bright Horizons.  That's what we're using, once our spot opens up.  They also have a waiting list, albeit probably not quite as long as the churches.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You might want to look at Temple Emanu El.  Great place, but they have a long waiting list (at least they did when we were looking) 

Would Medical City be too far out of your way?  I loved, loved, loved their daycare but ended up putting dd in a daycare closer to home. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input! We'll start looking into these today.
  • J0C0TXJ0C0TX member

We use Bright Horizons at Plaza of the Americas and we LOVE it.  Our LO is now there almost 5 months and there's a lovely atmosphere there.  You get to know to know the other moms & kids and the teachers in the infant rooms are wonderful - very loving and involved.  I love how they DO NOT use swings to keep babies in place, even when tiny, but rather have them on their boppy, being held, doing tummy time etc. 

After visiting a few daycares in the downtown area, this was my #1 choice & I did a happy dance the day they confirmed our spot! 

• Check out Bright Horizons downtown too, in The Plaza of the Americas. you can do a complete search for infant care by zip code at www.childcaresource.com &/or order our free guide to options in the area.

Someone in our office didn't find what she was looking for, so she did a nanny until the baby was a year and could get into some of the programs.

Good luck! Would love to hear where you end up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"