Success after IF

Share your BFP story ...here is mine (long)

I've been feeling nostalgic lately. I think this is what I posted on TTTC when I found out..had to make it shorter as it was much longer than this..share yours!!!

Miracles do happen!! We're having a baby!!!

I have never ever gotten a BFP so this is so unreal. DH was soooooo happy when I surprised him with the CBE digital! This was our break cycle after injectables and then we were doing our last IUI before IVF. It is truly a miracle!!!! Let me tell you how it all started..... After the evil AF arrived on 4/24/08, we decided we needed a break.

This was our life for that past months: Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, 0.05MG/24 Estradiol, Ovidrel, TI=BFN Cycle #2: 50mg Clomid, 0.05MG/24H Estradiol, Ovidrel, B2B IUI's=BFN Cycle #3: cancelled, early ovulation on Repronex :( Cycle#4: Lupron, 300iuRepronex (4viles!!) ouch, Ovidrel, acupunctue,IUI=BFFN Cycle#5: 375iuRepronex, Cetrotride, Ovidrel, acupuncture, IUI=BFN..... Cycle #6: taking a break and going for a 2nd opinion at Cornell, last IUI before IVF, but tried to BD around O time, first time ever using Preseed

I was upset because during my Ovu  I was was going to be away in Miami. I returned to NY the day after Mother's day and decided to take a OPK. Much to my surprise..it was positive. For some reason, my ovulation came later in the cycle this time and so we BD. I didn't tell DH about the OPK. We just missed each other so much and loved each other that night. Two days later we BD again. I really was not optimistic at all. I mean..why would it work this time on a break. I had already set up an appt. for a second opinion at one of the top IVF hospitals in the U.S. (Cornell). I had already bought my IVF book A.R.T the art of making babies. I was ready to do my last IUI and then on to IVF. In fact, I was so upset my RE never checked my FSH. I was already with my list of requested tests I wanted done.

Memorial day was approaching and I was waiting for AF. I was so nervous it would arrive during the weekend or the holiday that I kept calling the nurse so she could call in my meds. The nurse called me back and told me it took her hours on the phone with the insurance company but she got my meds approved and could pick them up the day after Memorial day. I was so relieved. A few days before Memorial day I started noticing my nips were darker and then AF was a few days late. I also noticed my temperature was still high, but I still expected AF. When Memorial day came...I noticed my nips were darker...temp. stil high and now AF was 3 days late. I had been late before on Clomid but only by 1 or 2 days...so I started to get a little hopeful.

That morning I decided to take a HPT. The first one I took was a cheap test strip and I saw a very faint line. That inspired me to take out THE DIGITAL!! I took a CBE and it said PREGNANT!!! I couldn't believe it! I decided I would wait till later on that night to set up my video camera and tell DH. All day I was on cloud nine. After our BBQ with a couple of friends, I told DH I needed him upstairs. He automatically thought it was time to have our scheduled TI and he was not feeling very up to it ;). I told him it wasn't that I just needed him in our bedroom. I set up the video camera. I had this box full of little memories from our engagement and the stuffed bunny he gave me the ring. I put the digital HPT in the arms of the bunny and when he opened the box and saw the test he screamed and looked up to thank GOD for answering his prayers. It was the most amazing moment ever. We laughed, we cried, we hugged and cried some more. Our prayers were answered!!! WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Share your BFP story ...here is mine (long)

• Go back in time to June 2008. We did our first fresh IVF. We had 15 embryos and transfered 1 great quality embryo and froze 11. Sadly our 1 embryo didn't take and the cycle ended in a BFN. I waited a few months to get my head back on straight before trying again. In September 2008, we did a FET. Our thawing rates were horrible and we lost 9 of our 11 embryos either in the thaw or they didn't grow afterwards. On September 15, 2008 we transfered 2 AA grade blasts. I took 3 days off of work and rested at home. I was a nervous wreck. This was our last chance and literally had all of our eggs in my basket. I tested at 5dp5dt and saw a BFN but knowing that it was super early, I tried not to let it get me down. The next day I had horrible cramps and told DH that my period was on its way and that our cycle had failed. I refused to test again until the morning of my beta at 8dp5dt. I woke up at 4 am and had to pee really badly. I woke up DH and told him that I was going to test and if he wanted to know he needed to get up. That got him out of bed quickly. I did a Clearblue Easy Digital. That 3 minutes was the longest wait of my life. I just stood there with DH (who had his arms around me) and kept looking at the test waiting to see more than an hourglass. We both looked and saw that magic word "pregnant". I started shaking and saying "OMG OMG OMG" DH and I just hugged and I cried. I was so scared but so excited at the same time. Needless to say neither of us went back to sleep after that. My beta later that morning confirmed that it was true!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsolsenk12:
    I woke up DH and told him that I was going to test and if he wanted to know he needed to get up. That got him out of bed quickly. I did a Clearblue Easy Digital. That 3 minutes was the longest wait of my life. I just stood there with DH (who had his arms around me) and kept looking at the test waiting to see more than an hourglass. We both looked and saw that magic word "pregnant". I started shaking and saying "OMG OMG OMG" DH and I just hugged and I cried. I was so scared but so excited at the same time. Needless to say neither of us went back to sleep after that. My beta later that morning confirmed that it was true!

Wow..I felt like I was back in that time with you guys...staring at the stick waiting for that beautiful sign!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • April 2009. My 3rd and final IVF for at least a year if not a life time (H wanted to live child free and get back to normal, I wanted to try DE). I kind of lost all hope for the cycle since my retrieval numbers did not improve from past cycles and I felt like I had every other cycle. 

I told H I would not test and we would wait for beta but I spent the whole 2ww crying and researching trips to France since we decided we would travel if we couldn't have kids. I took a trip to the store one day to get shampoo and walked out with a 3 pack of HPT's, I am weak like that. And I saw something I have never seen in 6 years of TTC - 2 lines! I didn't even have to hold it up to the light. 

I called H immediately, he was in shock. Then I posted on the board - "Holy ***! OMG Holy ***" I was shaking, and still in disbelief. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • OMG, blast from the past! I didn't realize the "My Posts" thing went back that, far, here's mine where I completely lost my shiit:

OMFGPLEASE HELP

I'm hyperventilating... we cancelled this cycle due to overstimming, I was put on the pill...I just went to the ER 2 weeks ago and had b/w and u/s....I finished the pill on like.....a week ago and my period is NEVER this late after the pill. just to check, i took a FRER. 2 lines. OMG. i'm so freaking scared. There were like 10 mature follies, but we didn't trigger. please tell me this is an evap line or something. i'm going to try and work up more pee. i'm so scared right now i'm crying.

And here's mine after I calmed down and got my beta:

It's official!!!BFP! Unfreaking believable. Apparently my beta came back at 3735, but I have no clue how many dpo I am....I think I'm probably between 20-25dpo. The nurse confirmed what you all said and said that it's really unlikely I ovulated all those follicles without the trigger shot, and that it may be twins, but probably not more. I can't believe it!!

hahaha I can't believe how bad I was freaking out...of course, now I know everything turned out OK. But man, I was scared to DEATH!!! And you ladies are so great in my freakout thread, you totally talked me down. 
  • LIAngelLIAngel member

I had a lap/myomectomy in April 2008 (to remove fibroids and unblock my left tube) and decided to TTC with Clomid/TI for one cycle (so June 2008).  That didn't work and decided to do a Clomid/IUI cycle in July 2008.

July 17, 2008 we did the IUI.  A week later I had my p4 test done (like I had done quite a few times before).  The nurse called with the results and they were a great number. But I didn't get my hopes up because they had been good numbers before and I was not getting pg, so the numbers meant nothing.  So the nurse tells me to take a pg test exactly 2 weeks after my IUI (so July 31) and call with the results.  I was like "yeah yeah whatever".   We went to NY the weekend of the 25th for a wedding.  I debated whether or not to drink at the wedding (I was one of those people who didnt drink during the 2ww), but figured the hell with it so I drank. 

July 31 was the day I was supposed to test.  I didn't want to, I was going to wait until AF was late by at least 5 days.  Something told me to test though.  I POAS and hopped in the shower with this "whatever" attitude totally not expecting 2 lines (Ieven used a dollar tree test, since I wasted so many digitals).  Okay get ready for work and got a glance at the stick.  I see a faint line. So faint I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.  Okay I quick get ready for work and run to CVS for a digital.  Take the digital and the words pregnant popped up.   I must have said "OMG" like 50 million times.   called the RE office when I got to work and the nurse had said "So? Are you excited?.   I said "Um I don't know I guess so" (didn't want to get my hopes up so I was being very nonchalant/cautious about it). So she says I could come in that day for my beta.  I ask if I could come in the next day since I was working.  She laughed and says "work?! people usually want to come in 2 seconds after they get a postive test".   I said "well if I really am pg, then one day won't make a difference"

Beta# 1 was 106

Beta#2 was 2,226

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageESTH2000:

imagemrsolsenk12:
    I woke up DH and told him that I was going to test and if he wanted to know he needed to get up. That got him out of bed quickly. I did a Clearblue Easy Digital. That 3 minutes was the longest wait of my life. I just stood there with DH (who had his arms around me) and kept looking at the test waiting to see more than an hourglass. We both looked and saw that magic word "pregnant". I started shaking and saying "OMG OMG OMG" DH and I just hugged and I cried. I was so scared but so excited at the same time. Needless to say neither of us went back to sleep after that. My beta later that morning confirmed that it was true!

Wow..I felt like I was back in that time with you guys...staring at the stick waiting for that beautiful sign!!!!!!

I don't think I will ever forget that moment. I am hoping if we get lucky enough to have another one, we will have a moment just as magical.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"