Houston Babies

CD Moms: Diaper pail options

How do you store your diapers before laundry day? I have this pail... I clean it every time I do laundry (every 2nd or 3rd day) but lately, no amount of scrubbing/soaking will get the disgusting ammonia smell out. I need to find a new option.

Re: CD Moms: Diaper pail options

• I've got this:

https://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=27249908

I throw it in the wash with the diapers and it comes out spanking clean and smell free.  It hangs on the back of the closet door when in use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Hmm, the bag Somethingchangd posted is interesting to me.

Right now we just use a plastic hinged-top trash can.  When I dump the diapers in the wash, I typically spray it out with Lysol and that generally leaves it good to go.  B got to spray it down with Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Cleaner and hose it out last week, though, because he deposited a messy diaper without folding it up first, resulting in a lovely streak down the inside of the can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • in 20 months, we've just used two trashcans from Target.  Maybe three?

I just get the smaller lidded plastic trashcans and bleach them out whenever they get gross inside.

• imagekat.in.the.hat:

in 20 months, we've just used two trashcans from Target.  Maybe three?

I just get the smaller lidded plastic trashcans and bleach them out whenever they get gross inside.

I've bleached and put it out in the backyard to sun-dry. And it still smells like someone set off a three day old pee bomb inside of it Crying

• imagesomethingchangd:

I've got this:

https://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=27249908

I throw it in the wash with the diapers and it comes out spanking clean and smell free.  It hangs on the back of the closet door when in use.

Thank you! I'm going to try something like that. I like that it can be tossed in the washer, too.

• imageKNJepp:

Hmm, the bag Somethingchangd posted is interesting to me.

Right now we just use a plastic hinged-top trash can.  When I dump the diapers in the wash, I typically spray it out with Lysol and that generally leaves it good to go.  B got to spray it down with Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface Cleaner and hose it out last week, though, because he deposited a messy diaper without folding it up first, resulting in a lovely streak down the inside of the can.

This happened once. I think maybe they all have to clean baby crap out of the pail one time to understand the benefits of folding the diaper before tossing it Smile

• We have been using these pail liners: https://www.wahmies.com/pages/liners.php  We just wash the liner with the diapers. 

• tammy79tammy79 member
    Planetwise hanging wet bags. I love mine, I habg it on the door in the bathroom, it can take up to 30 CD's it comes with a zipper, and I just throw it in the wash with my CD's. I hate the siaper pail, I don't use it anymore. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"