North Carolina Babies
Options

Reflux Q

What symptoms did your child present with for a diagnosis of reflux?

Baby is fussy during *some* feedings- max 2/day (out of, what, 7-8?) and some days not at all.  Typically during the feeding it is as though he has a burp he cannot work out (and yes I try to burp him for awhile, will get a few burps but evidently that isn't all) and will quit taking the bottle, be fussy.  

If I re-offer the bottle 20-30 minutes later, he finishes the bottle typically. Sometimes I hear him burp on his own, sometimes I don't. The rest of the time he is still fussy.  He spits up occasionally, but it has only been *a lot* a few times.

Is this a typical random fussy feeding or should I explore more with the doctor?  We weighed him ourselves (you know, weigh yourself first, then with baby) and he'd gained 1lb since his 2wk appt as of this weekend.

Re: Reflux Q

• Options
    JenSheaJenShea member
    DS' symptoms were fussiness, arching back and crying when eating, spitting up, wet burps, dry cough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJenShea:
    DS' symptoms were fussiness, arching back and crying when eating, spitting up, wet burps, dry cough.

we had the same as above minus the spitting up/wet burps. DD was practically hysterical at every feeding.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter has silent reflux, she never spit up, but she had awful colic for 4 months which then progressed to her crying before, after and during feedings, then waking every 45 minutes all night from refluxing, but it was not until she started making a sound like a barking seal for 4 days and smelling of vomit that she was diagnosed and prescribed medicine. It was fun :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"