Special Needs

moms of 2 if your first has Downs. ? re: birth weight

So my dr basically kinda scared the crap out of me by saying this baby was going to be significantly larger than C was (6lbs 3ozs) b/c he was so little b.c of the Downs..

While I expect the 2nd to be bigger I am not prepared to give birth to a linebacker.. lol

so was your 2nd A LOT bigger than your first w/Downs? I am not so convinced that thats why C was so little. I am really hoping i just have small babies!! 

Re: moms of 2 if your first has Downs. ? re: birth weight

• My first son was 8 lb 7 oz 21 in

Riley (DS) was 7 lb 12 oz 20 in. 

Riley was 3 weeks early, so he might have been the same weight as my first had he made it to his due date.  I think every baby is different. 

• Well... Meredith was 6lbs 8 oz. DS will be born with down's and so far he's measuring high in the weight range. Meredith always measured small until the end when they measured her to be 8lbs & change. Boy were they off. 

I agree with the pp. Every baby is different.  

• Loading the player...
  • ryan was 6lbs 15oz, but born at 36 weeks-that's still kinda big for being so early.  max was 8lbs 11oz born at 39 weeks....not quite sure how my husband and i created such a huge baby.  it's not like either one of us are big.  i agree with pp though...every baby is different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • no I know every baby is different, I guess I am just looking for some "real life" experiences that supports what this dr told me, that most babies with Downs tend to weigh less than "typical" babies at birth....I really dont think that this baby is going to be THAT much bigger than C was but I guess time will tell!

Thanks ladies! :)

• My expierence does not back up your doctors line of thought.  My first was born 7 lbs 12 oz. and my second (my Downs baby) was born 8 lbs 9oz.  She was a big baby.  Both were girls and both were born at 39 weeks.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"