Multiples
Options

A toddler and twins- Would you get a double stroller or triple?

Shes 3 and pretty much is out of the stroller most of the time now but there are def times I need her in one and want her in one.

Plus she does get tired at times too.

What has been your experience?

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A toddler and twins- Would you get a double stroller or triple?

• Options
    We don't have any practical experience yet, but we have the Valco Twin Runabout with a captain's chair attachment for DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSoldiersGreenBean:
    We don't have any practical experience yet, but we have the Valco Twin Runabout with a captain's chair attachment for DD.

whats a captain's chair?

TIA

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I definitely don't think it's worth getting a triple to accomodate a 3 yo.  Our younger son was 16 months when the girls were born and we just use a double for the girls and an umbrella stroller for him if we need to (we don't usually because he sits in a cart when we shop, and our oldest walks).

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Options
    ougrad1ougrad1 member

I can't imagine being on my own out and about with all three.  That being said, I'm not in New York either.  I'm doing the double snap and go at first and deciding on a nice stroller later on.  I bought the Bugaboo Cameleon the first go around.  That has spoiled me and I don't like anything else I've seen as far a doubles go.

• Options
    I wouldn't necessarily have a triple, but be prepared to have a spot for your toddler at all times. There's nothing quite like not having a seat when out and about to make your toddler act out or feel replaced/jealous of the twins :) I have the Kolcraft Contours double, and even when I was using it as DSNG I always carried the actual seats in the back of my car along with my stroller, so I had options for seating.  I also always brought along my Ergo, so I could carry one of the twins, or my toddler on my back, depending on the situation.  Even now, I always ask my almost 3 year old if she wants to ride in the stroller, and she sometimes says yes.  If she does, then I strap a twin into the Ergo.  Hope that helps!! 

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

• Options

for now we have the kolcraft that I plan to use with the carseat attachment instead of a dsng....once we are done with that, I want to get the city mini with a ride on board attachment. I also have a bjorn that I plan to carry everywhere we go with stroller in case ds wants or I need him in the stroller, I will just wear one of the twins.

I am like you...ds will be a little over 2 when twins get here. I didn't want a triple stroller because sometimes he doesn't want to ride in the stroller : / I hoping by 2.5 y/o or a little older he will learn to stand and stay still on the ride on board :-P just didn't want a triple for a few more months that ds will be in a stroller.

BUT at the same time...I want the freedom to take all kids out of the house because i KNOW I will need the sanity break of getting out of the house and so will ds lol

• Options
    What does DSNG mean?
  • Options

DD has never liked a stroller and will be 3 when the twins come.  I just sold my Bugaboo (although I probably should have kept it in case I took one kid out - oh well). 

I got a double.  I figured that I'm not going anywhere with all three by myself that would require a long enough time out where she would get tired in the first year anyway.  By 4 years old...I wouldn't put her in a stroller at all.  I also figured if there was a rare time, I could even wear one twin and put DD with the other twin in the double. 

• Options

This is exactly the predicament we were in.  DS was 3 and pretty much out of the stroller most of the time.  We got a double and it worked perfectly.  We had the snap and go first so he obviously couldn't ride in it but when we switched to our Maclaren twin techno, he could ride in it if he got tired and I would wear a baby in my ring sling or Moby.  I found this happened quite a bit but mostly because one baby would be fussy and need to be carried so it left an empty seat.  We never would have used a triple and I"m so glad we didn't spend the extra money for the Valco so DS could ride.

We did recently get a double Bob and DS1 will actually ride on the front of it.  He just sits on the triangle part on front (he calls it his tractor) and it still pushes like a dream and we're under the weight limit and its only the size of a double.  We get a lot of looks with all 3 on the stroller but it works great!

• Options

imageelizabeth6258:
    What does DSNG mean?

Double snap n go

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"