Orange County Babies

new mom new to costa mesa

hi all!

not only am i a new mom i'm also new to costa mesa and orange county. my LO is 3mnths now and i'm having a hard time just getting the courage to leave the house!

i was wondering if there are any walking or fitness groups around here i can't seem to find anything close.

also i am a SAHM but i do freelance work here and there and am in need of a daycare or a babysitter that is available only on the random days i need. not having any family here does not help at all and there aren't too many people w/ kids at my hubby's job so there aren't any good rec's from them :( 

if anyone has any rec's please pass my way!

thanks so much!! 

Re: new mom new to costa mesa

• Come join me tomorrow at Stroller Strides in Costa Mesa at Tewinkle Park.  It's soooo fun and saved me when had Max.  You can be my guest for free.  The girls are awesome!  Send me an e-mail and I'll give you directions.  kyliemccollough at yahoo dot com
  • Welcome and congrats!

You need to get over to Studio Seaside in Corona del Mar. It's all moms that go ( it's owned by two moms) and the classes are excellent. The studio membership also includes stroller strides classes all over NB (I think the closest one to CM is at Bob Henry Park off Dover Drive). Their childcare is awesome, too. www.studioseaside.com. The first class is free. Sorry to sound like a commercial but M and I have been going there since it opened (and she was still on the "inside") and we just love it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in CM as well. Email me: lindsaylmu at yahoo.com

I belong to a couple of different mom groups in the area.

• We're moving to OC in a couple of weeks. My parents live in Costa Mesa so we'll be staying with them until we settle into our new place. I have a 3 month old too! I assume yours was born in February as well.

I'm also planning on doing freelance work once we get settled.

I'd love to stay in touch and maybe we can meet up once I make it down there. I know the CM area pretty well since I grew up there but I have been away for a looong time.

Anyway, PM me if you'd like to stay in touch :)

• wow thank you all so much!! hopefully we'll be meeting you all soon or one day in the future! 

ps how do i get a ticker that shows her age as opposed her birthday countdown? like i said i'm new! haha i dont know how any of this works! 

• Jen - so great meeting you yesterday!  Hope you and Fallon had fun!
  • Sorry I'm late, but I just wanted to say welcome! 

Also, I haven't been to any classes at Studio Seaside, but our sign language class actually meets there, and its a really nice space and the kids have a good time there.

• Welcome! I think you will find this forum helpful and friendly!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"