D.C. Area Babies

Creative Birthday Party Ideas?

Need help! I'm starting to think about DD's 4th birthday party which is at the end of August. I would like to invite about 25 kids (preschool and play date friends) but I live in a town house and don't have the space for that many kids.

DD is really into princesses, fairies, and anything girly. Last year we did it at Romp N Roll and it was great but I'm looking for something  different (but not outrageously expensive). I'm wary about planning an outdoor party because of the heat and thunderstorms at that time of the year.

Any ideas you have will be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if I just need to rethink my approach to her birthday parties. 

Re: Creative Birthday Party Ideas?

• what about a pool party? or is she too young for that?

my friends have had parties at various locations, there is a place called Moon Bounce or something like that (does anyone know) where there are these rooms and kids go from one to another and do all these activities on blown up slides, bouncers, etc.

Build-a-Bear is another one.

Little Gym or a similar place is yet another idea.

I have no idea how much these cost but I do know my friends were able to bring in their own food (drinks, pizza, cake).

• What about doing a fairy princess tea party?  You can have wands and wings for the girls to decorate and then wear (your party activity).  Food would be little sandwiches and little cakes and cookies with fresh fruit.  You can go as all out with decorations as you'd like but I envision giant paper toadstools and lots of glittery tulle draped everywhere.  As to where to hold it, perhaps a pavillion in the park.  It would be the perfect rustic environment for fairies and would be covered in case it rains. Usually there is a playground nearby where they can runoff extra energy.  If you will have boys there, they can decorate shields and become Knights in Shining Armor.  The dollar store has horses on a stick you could use as the favor for the boys.  You could also find an artsy teen to face paint the children as well for another activity/station at the party.        
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSofka:
    there is a place called Moon Bounce or something like that (does anyone know) where there are these rooms and kids go from one to another and do all these activities on blown up slides, bouncers, etc.

This is actually called Pump it Up and it is located near the outlet mall in Leesburg. I actually just booked a party this morning for DD turning 3. For roughly $300 you can invite 25 kids (2 and under are free as are all adults). You get 30 min in 1 room, 30 min in a 2nd room and then 30min in the party room. I find it to be pretty reasonable as I would probably spend just as much for decorations, food, beverages, cakes etc if I held it at home and now I don't have to worry about weather (july party), having space for all my guests, cleaning house, etc.

Our neighbors had a party here earlier this year and we really had a great time...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • rnin02rnin02 member
    imageMrsKLS:
    imageSofka:
    there is a place called Moon Bounce or something like that (does anyone know) where there are these rooms and kids go from one to another and do all these activities on blown up slides, bouncers, etc.

This is actually called Pump it Up and it is located near the outlet mall in Leesburg. I actually just booked a party this morning for DD turning 3. For roughly $300 you can invite 25 kids (2 and under are free as are all adults). You get 30 min in 1 room, 30 min in a 2nd room and then 30min in the party room. I find it to be pretty reasonable as I would probably spend just as much for decorations, food, beverages, cakes etc if I held it at home and now I don't have to worry about weather (july party), having space for all my guests, cleaning house, etc.

Our neighbors had a party here earlier this year and we really had a great time...

I was going to suggest Pump it up too. My coworker just had a party there this weekend and she said everyone had a great time, and the staff was great to work with. I think she spent $350ish, but that included cake and drinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"