Preemies
Options

Pumping - more from one side?

ayramayram member
I've been noticing lately that I get more from one side than the other.  Not huge amounts more, but consistently more.  Anyone else get this? Is it normal?
Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac

Re: Pumping - more from one side?

• Options
    Usually a woman's right side will make up to twice as much as the left. It's totally normal and typically will even out more with time.
  • Options

totally normal... my right side was always my "moneymaker". hehe... :)

the mom next to us in the nicu and i talked about it all the time... the "bad boob" and the "well behaved one"... it also affected how my lo would nurse.. one side would let down faster/more so she was always happier there.. but i had to put her there last so she would properly empty the other one- since she had to work a little harder on it.

just keep pumping them both equally.. you don't want one getting bigger than the other! :)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i always got more from my left until i got a bad case of mastitis on that side.  after that, i consistently got more from my right.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Righty is my winner. Lefty needs to get her butt in gear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lol-my husband and I were just talking about this the other day.  Righty definitely is my champ!
  • Options
    Yep! Right here also.  Excfept the past few days.  I had a clogged duck on the right and it is still not back upt ot par.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My right started out as the best but has since been outrun by my left consistently!  ***typed while pumping***

• Options
    lefty has always been my champ!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Funny post!  I'm in the left minority!  But I'm right handed so for some reason I think that should mean the right one should produce more, even though that makes no logical sense!

• Options
    My left one is the breadwinner.  I'm left handed so maybe that's why it's the winner?  I'm glad it's normal. 
  • Options
    Me! My left produces more than my right!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My left produces significantly more than my right.
  • Options
    right one puts out twice as much as the left. The lactation consultant said this was normal. Just to keep an general idea of how much each is putting out for reference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"