Parenting

We woke up to a pink (plastic) flamingo on our lawn

MH tapped me and said did you put a pink flamingo on the lawn? Clearly I did not. He said he read somewhere that it means something. I posted this on fb and Heather and some others mentioned a few options but I am curious whether this has happened to any of you. We have heard it could be related to a donation to a charity or something like that.

It's pretty out of place out there but it's also pretty darn funny!

imageimage

Re: We woke up to a pink (plastic) flamingo on our lawn

• In my neighborhood, it means you are hosting Happy Hour on Friday. 
  • JOE -- I'm moving to your neighborhood!

MrsTony --- they are doing something in my hometown where you can pay $10 to have someone's yard "flamingoed" and you can pay $15 to prevent your yard from being "flamingoed"....it goes to charity.  (not sure which one though)

• Loading the player...
  • Colleen,

This is more info I found, was there a note??

The basic fundraising idea involves deploying a flock of pink plastic flamingoes in someone's yard or outside a business entrance. A note is left explaining that the person or business has been selected by someone to be 'flocked' for a good cause. And, it then goes on to explain that they will have to pay $10 per flamingo to have them relocated.

Sixty birds earning $10 a day for three weeks will raise $12,600!

HAHA! I can't wait to find out who did it! 

Heather

Reid 9-17-05 Grace 6-2-07 Owen 10-19-11
  • imagehmckeown:

Colleen,

This is more info I found, was there a note??

The basic fundraising idea involves deploying a flock of pink plastic flamingoes in someone's yard or outside a business entrance. A note is left explaining that the person or business has been selected by someone to be 'flocked' for a good cause. And, it then goes on to explain that they will have to pay $10 per flamingo to have them relocated.

Sixty birds earning $10 a day for three weeks will raise $12,600!

HAHA! I can't wait to find out who did it! 

Heather

You and me both!!!! LOL.

No note.  Some of our neighbors on fb so I am hoping one of them sees it and fills me in.

imageimage
  • Someone had this happen to them in my neighborhood and the HOA got on them. The birds were up for almost a week! We don't have a very strict board/rules but it was like a dozen of them! Way tacky!

Its good that its for a good cause but if you live in a HOA nieghborhood it could cause you to get fined!

• LOL that is too funny. I have no idea what it means but it does sound like a prank our friends  would pull on us! We are building a home and in our convenant we are not allowed any plastic yard decorations unless they are approved.....my dh said he was going to buy a bunch of pink flamingos and put them all over the development at night:)
  • imageJOEBunny:
    In my neighborhood, it means you are hosting Happy Hour on Friday. 

It was similar to this in my old neighborhood...a group who 'volunteered' to host a casual neighborhood get-together weekly passed around the flamingo.  DH and I couldn't figure it out until we asked someone when we moved there.  I'd forgotten about it until this post!

Gavin - 12.05.06 and Molly - 10.22.08
    imageimage
    my read shelf:
    Emily's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We woke up a few weeks ago to three of them in our yard. And written on them was "Where will we, the traveling flamingos, end up next?" We have yet to put them in someone else's yard. I did think it was rather funny though!
  • I have no clue why the post is cracking my ass up. I am crying I am laughing so hard! I think I need to pass out some flamingos!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"