Pamper's swaddlers and the infamous blue line! — The Bump
Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Pamper's swaddlers and the infamous blue line!

So I was just thinking about how the people at Pampers are marketing geniuses with those swaddlers diapers with the blue line to indicate dampness.  I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, but now that I?m thinking about it, I probably used wayyyy more diapers that I had to. I remember every time I changed my LO?s diaper, I swear she would pee just a little, then the line would turn blue. Even though I just changed her diaper 15 min prior, I felt compelled to change her diaper AGAIN because I didn?t want to be that bad mom that let her LO sit in a slightly damp diaper.

Now, I?m not saying that a baby should sit in a soaked up diaper, but LO probably wouldn?t die or get diaper rash if I just waited another 30 min, or even an hour before I changed her again.  I probably went through a ton more diapers than I would have if I used a different brand. That?s how they get you to spend more!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pamper's swaddlers and the infamous blue line!

• agreed! Very smart marketing :)
    BabyFruit Ticker *****Mommy's Meatball*****
  • Liss_37Liss_37 member

The line turned blue but it also went blue in patches, the more wet the diaper got, the longer the line so you didn't need to change it right away

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • imagecschlomann:
    agreed! Very smart marketing :)

Yep! This.?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelisswastaken:

The line turned blue but it also went blue in patches, the more wet the diaper got, the longer the line so you didn't need to change it right away

Oh i agree, but i think psychologically, even if i saw a little blue, i felt bad about it and changed it anyway. i know DH would do the same -- i remember his saying "I see some blue!  You need a new diaper!" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My 5 year old freaks the heck out every time the line turns blue on her brothers diapers.  I'm like, dude, we changed him 8 minutes ago.  Chill out, yo. 
  • imagecschlomann:
    agreed! Very smart marketing :)

This!

• imageoctwed07:
    imagelisswastaken:

Oh i agree, but i think psychologically, even if i saw a little blue, i felt bad about it and changed it anyway. i know DH would do the same -- i remember his saying "I see some blue!  You need a new diaper!" 

LOL... we never used those, at least not after the supply from the hospital was gone. You can tell if a diaper is wet by looking at it or feeling it. Genius, I know.

• I'm with you.  I was upset when I moved to diapers w/out the blue line.  But now I'm kinda happy I did and can totally tell when he needs a change without having to look for the line.  Now I just feel.

• imageoctwed07:
    imagelisswastaken:

Yeah, DH and I were like that for a while. Then we started saying things like, "Oh, I think she can wait a little longer." I agree with the marketing thing, but I was glad to have them, especially at first when I was totally clueless.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL, smart on their part for sure!  But, no, i didnt change it everytime she peed.  A little pee isn't going to hurt anyone =)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • ToraniTorani member
    I remember reading that newborns pee about once an hour...that's waaay too many diaper changes...Ah, to be an innocent new mom again...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards