LGBT Parenting

Dream House Poll

As our family grows, I'm becoming more and more aware of the flaws in our house...just doesn't seem as big as it used to (not that it was ever huge) Stick out tongue   And since we are definitely not moving any time soon, i appease myself by daydreaming about the house we'll get when we win the lottery :)

Wanna play along? What are the must-haves for your dream house? How big is it? What style?

Re: Dream House Poll

• This is one of my favorite ways to daydream!

• Open floor plan
    • Cathedral ceilings
    • Crown molding throughout
    • Fire place
    • Formal living room and family room/den
    • Large eat-in kitchen with an island with a second sink
    • Large pantry in kitchen
    • 4 bedrooms on second floor of the house
    • Master suite with extra large bathroom (2 sinks, soaking tub, and separate shower) and a sitting room
    • Large walk-out basement
    • 2 car driveway and garage
    • Spacious paver patio with outdoor kitchen and built-in fire pit.
    • Wrap around front porch

Ah, it's nice to dream. As DW always says, I have champagne tastes on a beer budget Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One I own instead of rent.

But if we are going to go all out:

a true cook's kitchen with lots of storage

wrap around porch

old, with crown moulding and wood floors throughout

built ins, swinging doors

fireplace

more than one bathroom

a space for my office

room for a garden or two 

• Loading the player...
  • Colonial? Tudor? 

Lots of bedrooms for our current kids and our phantom babies.                 

Huge kitchen so I can cook/bake/entertain my little heart out.                      

Walk-in pantry.                                                                                                

Formal dining room for sure.                                                                              

Big yard.                                                                                                            

Clawfoot tub or whirlpool tub.                                                                            

Extra room for office/craftroom/library.                                                          

Fireplaces.                                                                                                                

A finished garage with built-in storage so I can organize every tool,  holiday decoration etc... I could go on and on.

**Edited to fix format**

• My ideal house:

Several acres of land (with a caretaker of course!)

Stables full of horses and animals

Fences

A fireplace

Crown molding (that I do not have to install myself)

Large kitchen

Walk in closet

Enough bedrooms so that K and I can each have our own office plus seperate guest room

Lots of light

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2brides2brides member

This has been at the forefront of my mind since we were thinking of selling a few weeks/months ago - but have decided to since stay put awhile longer (and refinance.)

We are hoping our next house will have:

Lots and lots of natural light

4 bedrooms (ours, each kid, guest room)

Bedrooms that are bigger than our current shoeboxes (well, ours is HUGE and the kids' room/guest room are tiny.)

space for an office (said guest room may become an office if we can put full size beds in the kids room for the occassional guest.)

kitchen that opens to the living room

Kitchen with granite/stainless (we have the stainless but crappy counters)

hardwood floors

a 2 car garage (our 1 car isn't cutting it - too much stuff - even after we culled and organized)

a yard (not too big or too little) - enough room for the kids to play - but not so big that it takes over the weekends to care for it.

a master bath (I am never sharing my bath with 2 boys. Eww.)

a master bath with 2 sinks (I am not giving that up.)

Master bedroom walk in closet (perferably 2 - hers/hers - since I am much more messy than my wife!)

A deck (we use ours all of the time - it is like another room to our house.)

A playroom for the kids - to keep toys contained in one (organized) room

We don't need a formal dining room - we aren't dining room people (don't own china/silver/etc)

Accessible to stores, parks, restaurants, etc.

Good school district (ours stinks)

If I am living in a dream it would be a close 'burb of the city to cut down on our commute.

2500-3000sq would be great - as long as it is well appointed

I don't have a particular style.I do like porches, side loading garages, and dormers (would love to have a reading nook/bench seat in one of those windows!) I don't care for modern/minimalist.

Can you tell I have thought about this?  Unfortunately, in this area we won't get all of this list in our price range.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • our dream is to have a modern-day log home with an open floor plan and high ceilings on a few acres of land.

- a big kitchen with a ton of storage (huge walk-in pantry, please)

- formal dining room and living room

- comfy family room

- big finished basement for the kids' playroom

- 4 bedrooms upstairs w/ a guest room downstairs

- DW would love the wrap around porch w/ a bench swing

- stone fireplaces (indoors and out)

- laundry room on the upper level

- attached 2 car garage

- big beautiful windows w/ lots of natural light

- a pool (w/ someone to maintain it!)

- drool-worthy master bathroom

Alternately, I also dream of an updated boston brownstone with ancient arches, high moulded ceilings, crown molding, wood floors, rich colors inside, black shutters outside, a courtyard, library, and all the amenities!

ahhh, that was fun...

• They all sound awesome! When you win the lottery, can we move in with you? Stick out tongue
  • I wish Extreme Home Makeover would come do our house--oh yeah--but it should be something we own I guess.  It would just be marvelous to come home to something someone else did all the work on and we didn't have to do anything. It would be light and airy with a great room and lots of space.  Kids play/art room, spa/meditation/yoga/exercise area for the grown ups.  I like the idea of lots of land.  It would be fun to have trails on our land and lots of plantings and different gardens.  and a live-in maid and cook too.  can't forget about them!
  • First, I like this poll!

Secondly, my answers:

1. ranch style
    2. 4 (nice-sized) bedrooms
    3. 3.75 baths
    4. huge den
    5. large two-car garage
    6. spacious laundry room
    7. fenced yard (high-walled fence in the back)
    8. built in grill on beautiful patio deck
    9. separate dining area
    10.  HUGE kitchen, middle island, dual ovens, walk-in pantry, tons of cabinet and counter space
    11. fireplace
    12. huge shed

I guess I'll stop here...getting depressed Sad

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"