Maryland Babies

Pregnancy/Parenting Classes in the area?

Good Morning Ladies,

This is my first pregnancy and being new to this and fairly new to the Baltimore area as well I am just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations and/or knows of any useful resources in the area as far as pregnancy/parenting support and/or education classes etc?

Thanks!

Amanda

"It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not"

Re: Pregnancy/Parenting Classes in the area?

• I don't know of any specifically, but check the websites of the hospitals by you. Do you know what hospital you will deliver at yet? My hospital offered a bunch of classes...for couples, for dads, for single moms, breastfeeding, safety/CPR, you name it.

Another thought is maybe see if the local health department offers anything? Good luck.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy <3:

I don't know of any specifically, but check the websites of the hospitals by you. Do you know what hospital you will deliver at yet? My hospital offered a bunch of classes...for couples, for dads, for single moms, breastfeeding, safety/CPR, you name it.

Another thought is maybe see if the local health department offers anything? Good luck.

I agree with Remy here. Your in the Dundalk area? Have you found a OB? I delivered at Franklin Square Hospital and they were wonderful. We took child safety class, breastfeeding and childbirthing. I also recommend finding a hospital early, so you can tour the hospital and ask questions. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you sooo much for all your suggestions! I will be delivering at Mercy Hospital and did not even think to check there for classes and/or resources until you mentioned it and have found that they actually have a lot of services to offer. I am excited and do not feel so completely alone now and am going to begin enrolling in classes ASAP!

Thanks again!

Amanda

"It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not"
  • I took the Bradley Method Class from Jessica Groves in Westminster.  It is a little bit of a drive but well, well worth it!

https://www.trustingourbodies.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"