D.C. Area Babies

which birth announcement?

I came up with these 3 and have another 1 in the works which is basically just animals but fewer and in larger size.

This is the one I made for DD:

any suggestions/criticism is welcome. I am going to look online for some more inspiration as well:)

TIA!

Re: which birth announcement?

• I like the idea of #3, but maybe a few less of each type.  It looks a little busy.

They are cute!

• yes, I'm afraid I'm doing too many cutesy designs that will take away from the photo and the baby but I do want something boyish.
  • Loading the player...
  • of the three, I like #2 the best. but if it were me, I'd make the images larger and use far fewer so it's much less busy.

ETA: what are the big white dots?

• I agree with bh...I like #2, but would make the balls bigger to make it less busy--especially with all the photographs and print.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • the circles and the rectangle are where the photos will go
  • imageNowDNAtoo:
    I agree with bh...I like #2, but would make the balls bigger to make it less busy--especially with all the photographs and print.

This.

And I actually like your daughter's one better because the design in the background is just dots and not actual items like animals and sports things.  Can you do one with just dots?  So they don't detract from the photos of beautiful baby boy?

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • imageArtslvr:

imageNowDNAtoo:
    I agree with bh...I like #2, but would make the balls bigger to make it less busy--especially with all the photographs and print.

This.

And I actually like your daughter's one better because the design in the background is just dots and not actual items like animals and sports things.  Can you do one with just dots?  So they don't detract from the photos of beautiful baby boy?

I like that idea. To be honest, both the balls and the animals look a little too clip-arty for my taste. And with the bright blue background, it looks like it's raining sports equipment and zoo animals. Have you heard of dafont.com?  They have lots of interesting fonts you can download for free.

We just had ours printed through Costcophotocenter.com. The selection is small, but we found a design we really liked. And it's hard to beat $14.99 for 50 cards and envelopes. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageeeclem:
    imageArtslvr:

imageNowDNAtoo:

This.

I like that idea. To be honest, both the balls and the animals look a little too clip-arty for my taste. And with the bright blue background, it looks like it's raining sports equipment and zoo animals. Have you heard of dafont.com?  They have lots of interesting fonts you can download for free.

We just had ours printed through Costcophotocenter.com. The selection is small, but we found a design we really liked. And it's hard to beat $14.99 for 50 cards and envelopes. 

thanks for the link! Corel (the software I use) has a lot of fonts but this is awesome!

• Ana0927Ana0927 member
    I like your DDs best, it focuses more on the baby. I think the others are a little busy and might take away from your beautiful baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"