LGBT Parenting

You know what today is!

Re: You know what today is!

• 1) Sprout was so worn out by his exciting new school that he was in bed by 6:30 last night. loooove it.

2) i'm so glad last week is over - this one is looking much brighter.

3) its going to be 90 degrees today and tomorrow. i despise this hot and humid weather.

4) the countdown to vacation has started.

5) one week from today is a very big day

6) i need to clean my office

7) my mom doesnt know how to spell my last name without looking it up

8) yay for three day weekends! picnics and swimming and beaching, oh my!

9) i cant wait to watch the bachelorette premier that is waiting on the DVR and i'm not afraid to admit it ;)

10) how is it only 9:30am? it feels like it should be at least noon....::sigh::

• 1) Baby Two had a horrible cry fest in a store yesterday.  So bad that an employee came to check on us Embarrassed

2) I have a lot on my 'to-do' list today - priority #1 - pick an adoption lawyer and get things started.

3)#2 on my list is to buy our plane tickets home.  I'm procrastinating because I'm scared to death to fly with baby.  Not because I think she'll be a problem but although I fly several times a year I'm still scared of it.  Now I'll be scared for two of us.

4) I'm eating oatmeal and hoping the baby sleeps until I can finish pumping.

5) My dog is outside barking at the wind - stupid dog. Stick out tongue

6) Oops, accidentally posted early.

7) I think I'm going to gtg with my co-workers this week.  I really miss them.

8) Although I miss my coworkers I already have mini cry sessions when I think about going back to work.

9) I better go get my dog before a neighbor complains

10) I had a horrible dream that something happened to one of the regulars on the this board and we had to wait for the Nest G-ds to give us info.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTwo*True:

1) Baby Two had a horrible cry fest in a store yesterday.  So bad that an employee came to check on us Embarrassed

Sounds like you've hit the dreaded 6-7 week growth spurt Tongue Tied One parenting book I read said that this is notoriously a baby's fussiest time.  The only way we survived it was with gripe water - but thankfully it passed pretty quickly and it was smooth sailing...until the 4 month wakeful ;)

• 2brides2brides member

1. Carter behaved horribly at school yesterday. I am hoping not playing with his toys or watching tv last night (along with a discussion) was an incentive to behave more appropriately today. Darn kid thinks he is so funny. Ugh.

2.  The kids go do a test run/observation of what we hope will be their new school on Friday. Oh, please let Carter (well, both of them) behave appropriately for 3 hours. Please.

3. I dropped some buttered bagel on my shirt this morning and now have a big grease stain. Sigh.

4.  It took me 3 hours last night  to get all of the paper work we need to refinance the house. Yawn.

5.  We have a lot of things planned for this Saturday (sports class, children's theater, birthday party) all at the same time. Hmm..

6. I can't wait for the long weekend. YIPPEEE!!!

7.  We have fun things planned every weekend in June - strawberry picking, Science Museum, work picnic (with train rides!), and grandparent visit!  YAY!

8.  I can't believe it is only 10:30am on Tuesday. I feel like it is 5pm on a Friday. 

9.   90 degrees here for the next couple of days. Blech. But this weekend is supposedl to be beautiful!  YAY!

10.  I am so unmotivated today. I need to dig deep and find some motivation soon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1.  I booked ferry tickets to p-town for sat

2.  I am so excited to go to p-town on Sat

3.  I am a little nervous about bringing E on the ferry but want to go so bad I don't care

4.  I started planning E's birthday party.  We are doing a pink owl theme

5.  If you want to see the cutest stuff go to mary had a little party on etsy. 

6.  I need to put my order in like now for said etsy store!

7.  I only have 9 more teaching days left of school...but I have to come to school until the 22nd.  These last weeks are going to be torture

8.  I just want to be home with my baby

9. I am sure S wants me to be home too!

10 I am so excited about going to P town on Sat!

• imagessg73:

1.  I booked ferry tickets to p-town for sat

I'm so glad you decided to go! When you posted about it the other day I started thinking about driving to Boston and joiningyou for the boat ride. But after the melt down baby girl had in the store yesterday I'm not feeling so confident anymore. :-p

• 1: It is a Tuesday and I am at work...yeah for OT and make up hours for this coming Saturday.

2: Make up time will be worth it once we hit the road to NC at 1 on Saturday!

3: My Ob told me women of short stature with small feet really do have an increased risk of c-section...well poo for being 5' and wearing a size 6...

4: After my OB told me this she looked at my chart and told me the first OB that examined me said I had a "good" pelvis for delivery...

5: I was also told while my GD doctor will let me go 40 weeks if baaby girl measures on track, my regular OB said expect to be induced during week 39.

6: My mom is afraid of me being induced at week 39 because she works ALL week as she took the following week as a vacation week.

7: I really should be working now, not browsing the bump...

8: I am ready to eat lunch as my stupid Fiber One bar as a snack was so NOT worth the carbs...

9: As I type this my baby girl is kicking the crap out of me...apparently she LIKED the chocolate fiber bar.

10: Okay I really am going to go call people now...sigh....only 7 more hours.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. We painted the nursery! Yay progress

2. Now I have to put together Ikea furniture. not so yay...

3. E seems to be getting bigger by the minute, and its hard not to stare at her belly :-)

4. I love the babynamewizard website- I will blame it if Pride fest doesn't happen :-)

5. We had our first shower last weekend, and the house is slowly accumulating stuff....and I'm getting a glimpse at my future.

6. E still is the most easy going preggo person ever. Nothing really phases her, a little sore feet at the end of the day, but nothing a foot rub cant fix

7. We just got two amazing interns at work, and for undergrads, they are rocking!

8. I've now called 56 places for childcare, and I swear one place was a jerk to be because we're a same- sex couple.

9. Re. said childcare issue: how the he*l are we going to afford this?

10. I'm getting the most delicious hummus-veggie sandwich for lunch :-) ( this last one is kinda a cop-out for a #10, but I was at a loss)

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. I cried watching Cake Boss last night. My hormones must be out of whack big time. It's cake!

2. I feel pushed to my breaking point right now.

3. I need to start eating breakfast again, I think it will help.

4. Sitting on a big blanket at a quiet beach sounds heavenly.

5. Stop telling us not to worry. You have no idea what we are going through.

6. PBS fell asleep while eating breakfast. She looks adorable. I wish I could show you pics.

7. I want to take a cruise. It sounds so relaxing.

8. I miss newborns. Those tiny hands, the little noises...I want another baby.

9. I have started becoming a big tv watcher lately. I have a whole nightly schedule now. Uh-oh.

10. Now I want  to virtual house hunt thanks to CT's poll!

• 1) I have hardly gotten any work done today.

2) I am happier with my life today than I have been at any other time (with the possible exception of the several hours after I got my bar results).

3) I am essentially broke, but the wedding is fully paid for.

4) Stepcat is very cute; but I still wish I didn't live with a cat.

5) I have not yet showered today.

6) I ate tofu and mushrooms for lunch, but am craving the pepperoni slices in the fridge.

7)  I am really scared that someone I know and like might die, and feel guilty because I suspect it is the appropriate ending to an operatically- tragic life.

8) It scares me that someone can be so nice and relatively innocent, yet cause life's worths of destruction.

9) I haven't called my brother to tell him I got married, and I might not.

10) I am very excited to have ordered donor information on my favorite donor. 

• 1) We're pregnant!  Yay! 

2) I can't stop thinking about all the things I want to buy.  I'm so ridiculous that everytime I want to buy something I write it down and move that amount of money into a separate account...this way when it's time I can go on a shopping spree!

3) I just had to spell check ridiculous....

4) Our company is doing a bunch of reorganizing and I found out last week that my job is safe.  Great news.  Now we have to wait until September to find out about Cin's job. 

5) I'm so glad that now that Cin's pregnant she wants to eat more...she's really big on dieting and calorie counting.

6) I wonder how I'm going to do everything when the baby comes when I have no time to do what I need to do now....

7) Cin's work group was having a pizza party today...now I really really want pizza Pizza

8) I wish there were more LGBT playgroups in our area

9) although I say I don't care...I really want a girl Embarrassed

10) this is my first time doing TTT....it's harder than I thought!

• anja72anja72 member

1) Our baby's first tooth is about ready to push through (finally)

2) He is crabby as hell due to the teething

3) I wish bugs didn't like to nibble on me. I have bites all around my ankles from mowing the lawn this past weekend. Trying hard not to scratch! 

4) I wish we knew more LGBT families in our area

5) We are going to Austin this weekend :) Looking forward to visiting family and enjoying some good food! 

6) I should be working right now

7) I love that I am surrounded by books at work

8)  Wishing my house was clean

9)  My partner went to the gyno today to find out about having a baby using her eggs & they told her she is starting menopause :(

10) I would like some butter pecan ice cream

• imageanja72:

10) I would like some butter pecan ice cream

MMMMMMM...butter pecan ice cream...must find some sugar free now!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    1. Our little girl is currently asleep on my lap. Everytime I go to put her down she wails. Thankfully, our little boy is asleep.
    2. C, who is currently picking up our pup, just texted me some seriously sad news. I feel like my hands are tied because I should be with her right now.
    3. We learned a lot of lessons this past weekend about traveling with twins.
    4. Our little boy just woke up............

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

5. Thankfully, our little boy is in a quiet mood today and fell asleep while eating...this allowed me to get back to Little D quickly.

6.  I am typing while rocking the sleeper with my foot and talking to my Little Man. I take my hat off to C for doing this day in and day out!

7.  I try to thank C everday for these two BEAUTIFUL children!

8.  Little D is smiling in her sleep...I think she really knows how wrapped around her finger she already has me.

9.  I have been trying to keep up to date photos of the kids on Facebook so my oldest can see them when she is able to get onto the computer.

10. Last, but definitely not least...it was WONDERFUL to be away with C and the kiddos this weekend. Though on kiddo time, C and I got to have some time to talk and reconnect.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• 1. Nursing
    2. Nursing
    3. Nursing
    4. Nursing
    5. Nursing
    6. Nursing
    7. Nursing
    8. Nursing
    9. Nursing
    10. Henry is apparently going to grow a foot overnight - he hasn't slept for more than an hour at a time since 2 AM.  All he wants to do is eat! I'm pooped!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • oh come come that would be so fun!!! I was just thinking about a play date for us.  My school is going to foxwoods in a few weeks and I was thinking how different our lives are now.  No more chilling out at the cansino bars for us anymore!
  • 1. it's not Tuesday anymore. again. *sigh*

2. I swear I tried to start this yesterday, but then got so busy I was never able to finish it.

3. it is sooooo hot outside. ick!

4. I turned on the window a/c in my office, even though I hate it and it's loud, to try to cut the humidity down.

5. sometimes I want things I don't need. and by sometimes I mean right now.

6. I like chocolate chip cookies.

7. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Saturday I'm taking the boy to the zoo!

8. a friend of mine will be in town, and we're having a picnic lunch on Sunday with her, and another friend of ours and her little girl.

9. I do wish my wife wasn't working overtime all weekend, but she's taking off either sunday or monday night (I can't remember which one) and I like that.

10. I really want to just take my camera and go play today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"