January 2011 Moms

Short torso=showing earlier?

In some of the posts today that seemed to be mentioned, that tall/long torso would hide it longer, is that true?

I'm 5'7" but I have a relatively short torso. Anyone know? For the Moms, what were your previous experiences like?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Short torso=showing earlier?

• This is what my doctor told me.
  • No one every actually told me that, but I have to say that when I was pregnant with my son, I showed really quickly and I showed A TON. It was like a torpedo!! HAHA!!

I will also say, I am not far along AT ALL this time but I'm REALLY bloated all of the sudden and I did LOOK rather pregnant in a couple of outfits I tried on this weekend. I know I was in maternity stuff by 18 weeks or so with my DS and and FULLY expect to be there much sooner this time around.

I am only 5'4", but what I DO have is mostly leg. So I think there is a correlation.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 5'11 and I was noticeably showing to strangers by 20 weeks
  • My sister has a short torso and had a baby bump by 10 weeks with her first...I'm like you and taller (5'7) but I have a very short torso....I'm all legs!
  • I am 5'3 and all leg lol, I have to push the seat back after my 5'7 mother drives. I am overweight so a short torso has been the bane of my existence anyway. I am assuming it won't be long until I start wearing some real maternity clothes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, that is true. There is less room for the baby to spread out so you start to pop out.

I am 5'6" and have legs as long as my husband who is 6'. I was showing by 10 weeks with my first and expect an early show this time around too.

• I am very short waisted and was in maternity clothes completely by 12 weeks with DD.  It was completely obvious to everyone that I was pregnant by about 15 weeks.  With #2, even though I am like 5 minutes pregnant, it is already a little uncomfortable to button my pants.

I am only 5'2", but very short waisted with long legs, and DH is 5'8", but with a really long torso and short legs.  He always comments about how fast I walk...I just have so much more leg to stride with :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 5'10, and I don't have a short torso (I would say my legs/torso are fairly proportionate, but both are long) and I showed REALLY early. Like at 13 weeks, a stranger noticed I was pregnant and not getting fat. lol

I also am curvier and don't carry weight in my stomach, so I think that made it more obvious as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"