Preemies

anyone deal with SVT?

My son was diagnosed with SVT...which may or may not have anything to do with him being a preemie.  After his third episode last month (he is 3.5 months now) the cardiologist decided to put him on daily medication for it for the next year (digoxin).  Interestinly enough, his pediatrician has it and got surgery to correct it.  They say usually when babies have it they outgrow it though.  Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this.  Thanks!

Re: anyone deal with SVT?

• There is someone on the parenting board whose DD has SVT.  I can't remember her name, but if you post over there i'm sure someone will know.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • I don't have any personal experience with SVT, but one of the blogs I follow has a son who had a really tough time with it. (He eventually had a couple of surgeries and is now doing very well. It was extremely scary for a while, but it does have a happy ending.)

https://mycharmingkids.net/

• Loading the player...
  • My friend's full-termer was diagnosed with this when she was only a few months old.  She has been on meds since and hasn't had any episodes.  They were also told she will likely outgrow it.

One of my co-workers was also diagnosed with it as a baby and is now in her 30's and living a normal life.  I'm not sure if she still takes meds or not.

• Thanks girls! 
  • My DSS was born with SVT. He had to spend around 2 weeks in the NICU and was on medication and a heart monitor for a year. He was good after that.. Hes 14 now and never had any problems after that first year or so. I wonder if SVT is something that is reoccuring.. I have been concerned about that with this pg. This is mine and DHs first together. My DD was a preemie born at 36 weeks due to leaking fluid and PTL at 31 weeks. We have not had our consult yet with the doc to go over history, that is scheduled for our 16 week appt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"