D.C. Area Babies

Pink Eye

I'm 99.9% sure ds has pink eye. DH is staying home with him tomorrow to take him to the pedi. He started with what I thought was just a little extra "sleep" in his eyes this morning, but by this evening it was yellow/green and by bedtime his eyes were getting redder.

If your LO had pink eye how long did it take to get over it? Is it the kind of thing where they can go back to daycare once they've been on antibiotics for 24 hours? 

Oh the joys of daycare. I am SO tired of the sickness! I8 more days of school then at least we'll get a break for a little while for the summer...to start up again in the fall!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Pink Eye

• little man had it in october and it took him about 2 days before his eyes were pretty clear again.  they were still a little red but no goop.  good luck.  those eye drops are killer getting into little people
  • Me, DH and my little ones all seem to pass pink eye back and forth a couple times a year.  We have these drops the pedi gave us - kids hate getting them.  But they seem to work really well.  I don't think I've ever managed to get the drops in their eye - rather just on their lids.  Usually all our eyes are cleared up after a day or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. My diagnosis may have been wrong...I don't know, this morning he woke up with nothing in his eyes at all. He does have a bit of a cold so maybe it's just a symptom of that instead. We'll see what the day brings!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My neighbor's 15 month old has the crustiest eyes I've ever seen, her pedi said it was allergies.  Hopefully, maybe that's it for your ds...?
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"