North Dakota Babies
Options

Babies that are 1-2 months old...

Mommies, what do you do with them all day....I feel like I do not do enough with her, I mean I know she is so tiny....but when she is up she sits on my lap and i talk to her for a little while, than she will sit on my legs and look around, than she falls asleep, and than she ..wakes up to eat and than falls asleep lol...I put her on her play yard but that only lasts for about 5 minutes if that...I take her for walks at night in her stroller and she looks all around...

Just wondering what you ladies do with them... 

Re: Babies that are 1-2 months old...

• Options

Sounds like what you're doing is good!  I was the same way when Kash was this age.  I felt like I should have been stimulating him more and doing more with him.  We did go on lots of walks and I did tons and tons of singing (still do)! =)

Don't worry!  It will all come in good time.  This is the time that they just love to be with mommy and hear her voice and smell her scent.  All you need to do at this point is love her.  The rest will soon come.

Enjoy this time now!

• Options

We pretty much do the same things.  She really isn't a fan of toys yet.  And as much as I feel bad that she really isn't into them yet, I am relishing this time while the house is still clean and baby toy clutter free.  But when she is awake, I sing songs with her and make her move her hands around - like patty cake and head shoulders knees and toes.  She likes that.

We go to mommy bootcamp everyday and the instructer holds her and talks to her and she watches us work out.  She likes that.  She is all smiles when that happens.  The two 2-year-old little girls play with her too.  That's adorable.

We go for lots of walks.  She hangs out in the bjorn while I clean the house and I tell her all about what I am doing until she falls asleep.

She still sleeps a lot and eats a lot.  I have also been trying to give her some alone time.  I am trying to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't need constant entertainment.  If she is content to look around the room in her bouncy seat, I let her do it. Or at least I give it my best effort.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The only difference I notice is that Mari tolerates the play-thing a bit more than she did at 1 month.  You're doing everything right - there's not much to do with them when they're so little.

What I do also is sit Mari on my lap facing out and read her a story.  Keeps her attention for like 10 minutes.  I'm finding now she's actually starting to reach for the book, so that's a step in the right direction, I'm assuming.

• Options
    That and tummy time, and little leg and arm exercises.  Don't feel bad, she needs to nap - its good for her!
  • Options

Okay I feel better.....I put her in her swing as well....Maybe I should start reading her stories everyday...at least one a day...I have a ton of books because at one of my showers they did a children's book donation which was awesome....

Thanks for making me feel better... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"